New fish keeper

I have an outdoor above ground pond with 3 gold fish-a yellow common goldfish,an orange comet gold fish,a red and white Sarasa gold fish and a blue orfe they are in 500 litres l plan on a bigger tank in the summer pic of tank included in my winter setup

ED7D675E-E77C-4D3F-909B-C2103B2E3B19.jpeg

• Admin
On 2/10/2022 at 10:37 AM, AngelaM said:

Found forum resent enjoy reading posts very informative

:welcome Nice to have you here. Please look around and ask any ? :) 

I like this set up... 👍  Would love to see your fish when you can :) 

• Admin

👋 :welcome

thats a nice little setup you have there. I would love to learn more about it :) 

Like how you have it set up. It very interesting setup and nice a clean. 

16 hours ago, koko said:

👋 :welcome

thats a nice little setup you have there. I would love to learn more about it :) 

Like how you have it set up. It very interesting setup and nice a clean. 

Its a 500 liter tank in the bottom is large pebbles ornaments plus silk plants l find silk plants are better than plastic plants and safer for the fish especially the sarasa goldfish as he has a very long flowing tail.At the moment the tank is in winter mode l run  oxygenators only at the moment to keep the level of oxigen high in the tank.l don't use my electric filter just now as it could be damaged with the low temperature in the tank,to stop the tank water freezing l use pollyballs and a plastic cover over the top of the tank.Around the tank l have layes of bubble wrap.The fish don't eat much through the winter months even though they are active they dont look for food as their metabolism slow down during the winter months l just give them  a small feed twice a week of Wheatgerm pellets socked in garlic water the garlic water is very good for them and helps kill parasites.At the beginning of winter l added a winter preperation treatment  which prepairs the tank for the winter months when the filter is off. Once a fornight l add  a probiotic treatment that works at really low temperatures.helps keep the tank clean.

• 3 weeks later...