Taco Update - Ranchu Growth Question

Taco is an imported Thai Black Ranchu. I got him October 10th and the owner of the shop said he should be between 50 and 75 days old. He has since doubled in size (he;s about two inches nose to tail), he is retaining color and growing in nice and proportioned. Just wondering when they start to grow or develop their wen. I've read online everything from starting at four months to starting at over a year. To be fair, I am not growing him for show or trying to purposefully feed just for wen growth. He is on a varied diet of blood worms, mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, repashy gold, bug bites sinking pellets, nori, New Life Spectrum sinking pellets, peas, and occasional other blanched greens.

IMG_3158.JPG

Some never grow much wen. Others develop it slowly. These fish don't grow huge wens anyway but the way their wens grow often covers their eyes. Since they tend to be born blind or nearly blind - this isn't usually an issue. I would say to give him another 6 months and see how he does.