Stringy white poop

Luckyfantail

Hi my name is Ben, I'm new to keeping fancy goldfish. I just bought 2 juvenile (about 1.5") fancy goldfish from 2 seperate stores and put them in their home, a 29 gallon tank. I noticed the first day the blackmoor's poop was white and hanging about an inch and I saw the calico poop fine that day. On the third day the calico started having the same issue and was significantly less social... I've been watching  all the videos and reading all the forums so I thought with what I've read and watched that paracleanse was something I needed to use... I dosed last night and within a few minutes my calico seemed to be having issues keeping level. So I of course panicked and did a 50% wc and ran a charcoal filter to pull the meds out... they're both still kicking but definitely not as happy the calico is noticeably less social and the black moor now looks like its showing signs of ick..... HELP...

Ammonia- 0

Nitrite-0

Nitrate-10

Screenshot_20211217-120534_Gallery.thumb.jpg.2b17e9ca3e0ce737c0ee65d68f5c5d1a.jpgScreenshot_20211217-120435_Gallery.thumb.jpg.539ec2be368a335432edaeb554d10553.jpg

I just went out and bought some frozen peas... I'm gonna let them fast for a day and then feed them one blanched deshelled pea, anything else I should do, I was thinking about moving them to my 20 long and possibly Epsom salt for diarrhea and then maybe doing some aquatic salt and raise temp/ ich x... I donno

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin

:hi

Please copy & paste the following form and fill it out to the best of your ability when requesting help for Goldfish Problems:

Test Results for the Following:

Ammonia Level(Tank)

Nitrite Level(Tank)

Nitrate level(Tank)

Ammonia Level(Tap)

Nitrite Level(Tap)

Nitrate level(Tap)

Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)

Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)

Other Required Info:

Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?

Water temperature?

Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?

What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?

How often do you change the water and how much?

How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?

How many fish in the tank and their size?

What kind of water additives or conditioners?

What do you feed your fish and how often?

Any new fish added to the tank?

Any medications added to the tank?

List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.

Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

"If copy and paste doesn't work for you, quote this post and put your answers after each question."