Goldfish tank setup... poor condition

Hi guys,

So basically my neighbours built this tank and added 8 comet goldfish and 4 others which I cannot figure out whatg exactly they are.

The tank seems to be in a poor condition so I decided to post here for help. Please let me know what changes I gotta make and any plants you'd suggest or any cleaning team. 

Please take a look at the photos.IMG-20211020-WA0010.thumb.jpg.2d0b0de3ee730e7ad4ac83602d249339.jpg16347136529241642606991269507469.thumb.jpg.b8a21aba5eb700cb4c2585296d8610ec.jpg

WELL IT LOOKS BIG ENOUGH THOSE COMETS GOLDFISH CAN AND WILL GROW LARGE UP TO 12 INCHES. HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR WATER PARAMETERS SUCH AS AMMONIA, NITRITE,NITRATE AND PH. THESE ARE THE BASIC PARAMETERS THAT YOU NEED TO BE AWARE OF. DO YOU HAVE A FILTER? WHAT ARE YOU FEEDING THEM?

3 hours ago, spider man said:

WELL IT LOOKS BIG ENOUGH THOSE COMETS GOLDFISH CAN AND WILL GROW LARGE UP TO 12 INCHES. HAVE YOU CHECKED YOUR WATER PARAMETERS SUCH AS AMMONIA, NITRITE,NITRATE AND PH. THESE ARE THE BASIC PARAMETERS THAT YOU NEED TO BE AWARE OF. DO YOU HAVE A FILTER? WHAT ARE YOU FEEDING THEM?

Nope. 

I was confused from where to begin.  I've never had a tank this big and open. 

There's nothing to the tank except what I've shown you in the photos. 

Okay they're being fed pellets. 

Are there any plants I can add? Is it sensible to add any other variety of fish? 

18 hours ago, spider man said:

you have the water lillys that should be enough. Purchase a good water testing kit from api.  Learn about proper water chemistry. 

The tank holds 188 gallons of water. 

About the water chemistry, I was wondering if it would be necessary to add a pump system or filter because I'm in a tropical country, Indonesia to be precise and secondly I live in outskirts so its filled with greens everywhere. It rains a lot so the water is displaced quiet frequently.

The geography brings me to another question. There are a lot of snails or many different sizes so will it be sensible to use them and there are many different plants in the damp area in the woods. I was able to figure out some are poisonous to the fish.

I live in Miami and we have a similar climate. Most certainly get a filter. There are many filters for ponds on the market. Your water quality has probably deteriorated since you do not have a filter. Can you do large weekly or daily water changes to ensure that the fish remain well? Use a water conditioner to remove the chloramines in the water. Do you have access to Prime water conditioner

On 10/22/2021 at 10:26 PM, spider man said:

I live in Miami and we have a similar climate. Most certainly get a filter. There are many filters for ponds on the market. Your water quality has probably deteriorated since you do not have a filter. Can you do large weekly or daily water changes to ensure that the fish remain well? Use a water conditioner to remove the chloramines in the water. Do you have access to Prime water conditioner

Alright, I'm getting a clear picture now. Thanks a lot..and yes I do have access to Prime Water Conditioner. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.