Male goldfish not interested in food but just the female

My male goldfish is not interested in food but he keeps chasing the female goldfish.  Does that mean he thinks she is ready?  
also yesterday he could barely swim.  I don’t have my water testing kit with me right now.  I woke this morning to see him actively chasing her.  Should I expect eggs soon?  If so what should I do?

You need to record video of the behavior. What do you mean he could barely swim? You need to purchase a water testing kit. An API Master Test Kit. If there are any eggs, let the goldfish eat them and vacuum out the rest. Doesn't seem like you have an extra tank to raise fry or a test kit to ensure water quality is up to par.

51 minutes ago, mjfromga said:

You need to record video of the behavior. What do you mean he could barely swim? You need to purchase a water testing kit. An API Master Test Kit. If there are any eggs, let the goldfish eat them and vacuum out the rest. Doesn't seem like you have an extra tank to raise fry or a test kit to ensure water quality is up to par.

I have a test kit, but it isn’t here with me.  I’m try To get it back soon.