Rainbow 2013-2021

We're down to just one goldfish now - Rainbow, who was 8 years old, just died yesterday. He looked fine the day before, ate well, but was pine coned & bottom sitting yesterday morning, and died within a few hours. He'd been losing some weight, despite having a good appetite, but he seemed pretty lively. Ghost sat by him all day yesterday, keeping him company.

Rainbow was originally from Walmart, and a neighbor kid gave him to my kids - he was half way between a fancy and a pond fish in conformation, and always a very peaceful, friendly fish. This is the last photo I took of him, on July 31st of this year.

Rainbow31July_084832 (2).jpg

• Admin
13 hours ago, Shahbazin said:

Thanks, Koko, Yes, I think he was just old - his decline was sudden, but with no symptoms, and Ghost seems healthy (although he's missing his buddy).

I bet. When Goldfish died (my Ranchu) Zac started moping around the tank. She is not the same fish anymore. Also she will only eat blood worms now 😮

On 9/15/2021 at 11:15 PM, koko said:

I bet. When Goldfish died (my Ranchu) Zac started moping around the tank. She is not the same fish anymore. Also she will only eat blood worms now 😮

Only blood worms? That really isn't healthy for a goldfish... what foods have you tried?

• Admin
On 9/22/2021 at 12:05 PM, mjfromga said:

Only blood worms? That really isn't healthy for a goldfish... what foods have you tried?

Lets see the Omega pellets and the flakes. Also Fluval Bug bites. 

She is about 8 years old and after her boyfriend passed away she's just kinda moppy. :(