Medicated New Life Spectrum Hex Shield Discontinued

Dancescientist

I got confirmation from New Life that this product was discontinued as of Feb 2020, which explains why it's out of stock every where.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077NN1VF3/?coliid=I1KUG4WARN75JH&colid=1V50EQ7HND37P&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Do people know of good alternatives? 

• Admin
On 9/1/2021 at 5:32 PM, Dancescientist said:

I got confirmation from New Life that this product was discontinued as of Feb 2020, which explains why it's out of stock every where.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077NN1VF3/?coliid=I1KUG4WARN75JH&colid=1V50EQ7HND37P&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Do people know of good alternatives? 

Well dang another med off the market... Pretty soon they will take salt off too :lol:

• Admin
14 hours ago, Dancescientist said:

I really don't know but some of the ingrediencies kinda bothers me 😮

Fish Meal, Soybean Meal, Wheat flour, Stabilized Fish Oil (D), Wheat middlings, Poultry By-product Meal, Hydrolized Feather Meal, Corn Gulten Meal, Poultry Oil, Vitamin A Acetate, D-Activated Animal Sterol (D3), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Niacin, Folic acid, Menadione Sodium Bisulphite Complex, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamin, Biotin. DL Alphatocopherol (E), L-ascorbyl 2-polyphosphate (C), Betaine, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Ethytonediamine Dihydroiodide, Ethoxyquin (Anti-Oxidant)

• Admin
22 hours ago, Dancescientist said:

Our friends at Goldfish Island suggested mixing API General Care with pellet food:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007R5M7V6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Wouldn't the food get soggy? How would you know how much to put into the pellet food? 

I think its and interesting idea but I think it would be hard to control the amount in the pellet food. JMO

I'm not an expert on these ingredients, but here's a comparison: 

New Life Hex Shield (recently discontinued): Magnesium Sulfate, IH-Imidazole-I-ethanol, 2-methyl-5-nitro-(443-48-1)

API General Cure: Active Ingredients: 500 mg Metronidazole and 150 mg Praziquantel per teaspoon.

MetroPlex (Seachem): metronidazole (70%)

SF40M Medicated Sinking pellet (on Ebay): 2.6 g/kg Nitrofurazone

Medi-Gold (old, discontinued product): sulfadimethoxine & ormetoprim sulfa