Ida droping Outdoor temps

So my outdoor QT has been going great for my two fish, neither developed any ich cysts that I saw, but both had red blotches on the bodies and some red streaking and torn fins from flashing which both were doing - I started oral kanaplex for the secondary bacterial infections and everything is starting to resolve - they are looking better by the day - however with Ida moving through later this week it's going to drop out temps from the high 80s/90s into the low 70s. Night time temps are going to be in the 50's.

Since the fish are in a tub (30ish gal) the water cools some with night - but hasn't dropped below 78 since I got them- with temps being so much lower should I move them inside where their water temps will be around 73-75 to finish QT? Today is 10 days of salt / paragard tx for the ich and day 2 of kanaplex. They will still be in the tub and away from my other fish

I just don't want any remaining ich protozoa to slow their life cycle down if any are remaining - I assume the water temp will be about 65-70 average outside.

• Helper

Just run the protocol longer :) you’re almost at the end but you can leave in both the Paraguard and salt for another week with no issue if needed. The Kanaplex can also be continued, though I wouldn’t run that with the Paraguard if you can help it. Maybe give the Paraguard a break and do salt and kanaplex for the remainder of the Kanaplex treatment cycle. Then if you need more Paraguard because of bee ich tomites you can use it again. But if you’re not seeing white dots for four or five days that’s a good sign that you can ease off the antiparasitics.

• Helper

The temp drop isn’t great… it is always good to have a heater on hand for quarantine, just because it can kick in when it is needed but won’t run if your ambient water temperature stays warm on its own. I do recommend grabbing one for situations just like this, it never hurts to have one available :)

thanks, i did stop the paragard this morning, going to watch them for another week while they finish the kanaplex. The irritated / hemorrhage spots are getting less red with every day, so the kanaplex seems to be taking care of the secondary infections. Right now just in a holding pattern until the salt treatment is done and then I'll see if any ich returns.

Mostly just hoping the caudal fins heal back quickly :( Its amazing how much damage they can do to themselves flashing in a completely empty tank 

so long as the temperature drops are gradual the fish should be fine. however if you are treating for parasites it best to keep your water temps steady around 82 degrees. the lower water temps means it will take your treatment longer.