tank of fancy goldfish got cloudy!!

hello and thanks for this forum..
i have a 5 feet aquarium..total volume is 342.6 litres..currently in this i have 3 orandas medium size,1 big oranda big size 12cm,1 blackmoor,1 panda bubble eye...total 6 all putted new 4 abour a month ago and 2 now..!!..you think im over stocked for this tank..i want them to grow to their full size!!?? ..also when i put fishes i changed some material with new and got a bacteria bloom...and got cloudy!!..now from shop they told me to use stability..it is as well a bit greenish!!..i did water change and before putting new water i put stability and prime for whole tank and put new water in!!..now my questions are..becauce i have to continue for 7 days with stability can i do waterchanges or not?? nitrits marking 0.25.....any help and suggestions what to do??..if i can i put small video in..fish all seem ok and happy!!..thanks..wait your help!!

• Admin
On 8/22/2021 at 9:33 AM, oranda boy said:

hello and thanks for this forum..
i have a 5 feet aquarium..total volume is 342.6 litres..currently in this i have 3 orandas medium size,1 big oranda big size 12cm,1 blackmoor,1 panda bubble eye...total 6 all putted new 4 abour a month ago and 2 now..!!..you think im over stocked for this tank..i want them to grow to their full size!!?? .

If this is a total of 6 fish in this tank. I would say defiantly you are over stocked. 

Great article for beginners :)

On 8/22/2021 at 9:33 AM, oranda boy said:

.also when i put fishes i changed some material with new and got a bacteria bloom...and got cloudy!!..now from shop they told me to use stability..it is as well a bit greenish!!..i did water change and before putting new water i put stability and prime for whole tank and put new water in!!..now my questions are..becauce i have to continue for 7 days with stability can i do waterchanges or not?? nitrits marking 0.25.....any help and suggestions what to do??..if i can i put small video in..fish all seem ok and happy!!..thanks..wait your help!!

Do you have an API test kit? We should be looking at all the numbers...ammonia, nitrites and nitrates. Changing your Media in your filter is never a good idea. That is where all the good bugs are to keep your tank cycled. Plus when you added in more fish to the tank it made your cycle go crazy. The filtration can keep up with the waste they can produce 😮