Ammonia Level(Tap) 0

Nitrite Level(Tap) 0

Nitrate level(Tap) 0

Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6

Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) 7.6

Other Required Info:

Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API Drops

Water temperature?

Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 30G (QT Tub) 12 Weeks

What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Small Sponge Filter

How often do you change the water and how much? 100% every 2-3 Days

How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? Yesterday, 100%

How many fish in the tank and their size? 1, about 6 inches

What kind of water additives or conditioners? Safe

What do you feed your fish and how often? NLS Thera A+ Pellets, every couple of days. He has also had NLS AlgaeMax Dose with metro, twice a day (More about that in meds section)

Any new fish added to the tank? He is the new fish 

Any medications added to the tank? Currently he is in formalin

List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.
This is a long one...I haven't taken notes so I'll do my best to get everything
When I first got him, I got another fish from the same store, same tank, 2 days later. I QTed them together. The Other fish started pineconing. I treated with Metroplex, Oxytetracycline, Trisulfa and Epsom Salt - my go to combo for dropsy. I continued this treatment for 2 weeks. The other fish just got worse and at the end of the two weeks I euthanized him.

After this I gave this fish (Bailey) a week of prazi, but that was when I noticed the red marks on his lateral line.
I gave him a course of Kanaplex, but the red marks and inflmmation didn't get better. 
After the Kana I gave him a break from meds for a while, to see if it was an odd thing that would just resolve itself, but it didn't so I started another course of Metroplex.

During this time I also gave him paraguard dips during his waterchanges (Pictures of bottle below)

I also started feeding him AlgaeMax Gel Food that had been dosed with Metroplex.  He had Metroplex in the water for 2 weeks and then an additional week where it was in his water and food.

WIth inflammation getting worse I decided to try the only med I had the he hadn't yet been exposed to - formalin. I was hesitent to use it as I've never used it before. He has been in it for 4 days so far, with no change. Using 3mls in his tub. (Pictures of bottle below)

Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? 
He has two red spots on his lateral line. They are swollen and the scales are lifting, particularly over one of them

Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?
Generally he is behaving normally, he hasnt been swimming a lot recently but his tub is very dark and now has a lid on it to keep my cats out so I think the darkness is slowing him down a bit.  He still moves around when I touch him, fights been caught and eats very well.

image.png.58a2115b917634197d79a40fc927ec16.png

The Formalin bottle doesn't have directions on it, I'm using the directions on the ebay page I bought it from
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/114862818338

image.png.775919ae804bbf2ffd779c487000d770.png

image.png.c5bb5ab251dfc5fd0bd0e8c4101c264d.png

Here are the most recent photos of Bailey

image.png.25b562b18da60696bc35e2c29a94787d.png

image.png.30b8dfb860cf2cfafbe5f27824f6afab.png

image.png.d9f28bfad51763af7d7d23c8268db248.png

I can't remember the exact time frame for all the meds, but know I did them for at least the minimum amount of time recommended on the bottles. Bailey has never seen my main tank - he has been in QT since the day I got him. I think I have tried every med available to me. The only basic thing I haven't tried is salt, because I've been worried about it aggravating the swelling.
 I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what this could be. He is a stunning fish and I'd love to be able to eventually add him into my tank. I'd hate to lose him like I lost his buddy.

The uneven pineconing is making me wonder if there’s something else going on internally in that area. Is there any way you can get him to a vet that’s knowledgeable about fish?