Does my goldfish need a wen trimming

So my goldfish buttercup can’t see out of one eye I’m pretty sure because she’s bad at finding food and because her wen is over one of her eyes should I try to do the surgery I mean there is a aquatic vet 3 hours away but that’s kinda far or should I leave it alone 4F4B31A1-D9C4-4FFA-97FC-DAE3ED094E0F.thumb.jpeg.2595029b3a09e73b29f17e737cf97d0b.jpeg

I am not a fan of doing this unless the wen is restricting breathing. So long as the fish is able to find food and swims well I would not do this. It is very stressful to the fish nd and can do more harm than good

I go by the condition of the fish. If the fishes weight and everything seems good and the fish swims okay and doesn't run into EVERYTHING - I leave them alone. I have had Orandas completely blinded by their wens do perfectly fine. They do not need their vision as much as you think.

Wen trimming is an unnecessary procedure that should only be performed by a trained Veterinarian in the most extreme occasions hanging pieces which risk being torn off, disease, necrosis, etc 

Oranda have been bred and raised in Asia for centuries and there were never issues with wen trimming until a video was posted a video on YouTube and now everyone has a wen trimming emergency