New WCMM and Medaka

Okay, not strictly tropical fish but rather temperate… I missed having WCMM and this is the first time I’ve found medaka in a fish shop, they’re such entertaining fish!

The rest of the fish were all hiding. 

96B0FE3D-FF21-41FD-83C0-A1F9DB3574D2.jpeg

36CE5A2C-2945-4618-987C-821EE681C5DA.jpeg

9 hours ago, hannah said:

Okay, not strictly tropical fish but rather temperate… I missed having WCMM and this is the first time I’ve found medaka in a fish shop, they’re such entertaining fish!  The rest of the fish were all hiding.

I've never kept them, tell us more!  What makes them "such entertaining fish"?  :)

9 hours ago, Acro said:

I've never kept them, tell us more!  What makes them "such entertaining fish"?  :)

They all have really individual personalities, for example one of them thinks he’s huge and can move stones that are 10x bigger than him lol, it’s funny watching him try. Another one abandoned the school of medaka and thinks he’s a minnow 🤦🏻‍♀️  Some of their antics really remind me of goldfish behaviour. I’ll try and get some videos of them when I finish work!

Slightly overdue videos! I sadly lost 2 medaka for some unknown reason. The other 2 are doing great though, I will try and source some more soon. 

Pretty sure this is spawning behaviour amongst the minnows, they’ve been flaring and chasing a LOT:

https://streamable.com/dmbv46

Beautiful blue eyes of the medaka:

https://streamable.com/9zyv33