Swim bladder medication.

20 hours ago, Monique Chester said:

Yes that's right . Brilliant. My fish is swimming upright now and till this morning was feeding off the bottom with the others. This morning he had trailing white poo still attached and was swimming by the surface and not eating..I think he is having trouble with passing a poo ? Yesterday his bottom looked big and a bit sore but he was eating fine. I think he may be uncomfortable..maybe constipated ? Should I put epsom salt in water or can it be bacterial infection ? Sorry to keep on asking but I don't want to do the wrong thing ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ˜ย 

Usually white poo is nothing to worry about, goldfishโ€™s digestive systems are constantly moving so if they donโ€™t eat for a while theyโ€™ll excrete mucus. Iโ€™d fast them all for a day or two and see how they are.ย :)

I noticed above that you changed all your filter media? If so youโ€™re doing a fish in cycle which will mean daily water changes. Howโ€™s your water parameters looking?

• Admin
On 6/25/2021 at 1:14 AM, Monique Chester said:

Yes that's right . Brilliant. My fish is swimming upright now and till this morning was feeding off the bottom with the others. This morning he had trailing white poo still attached and was swimming by the surface and not eating..I think he is having trouble with passing a poo ? Yesterday his bottom looked big and a bit sore but he was eating fine. I think he may be uncomfortable..maybe constipated ? Should I put epsom salt in water or can it be bacterial infection ? Sorry to keep on asking but I don't want to do the wrong thing ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ˜ย 

I would try just feeding some peas first... You want to get just frozen peas, allow them to thaw and then pop the peas out of the shell. Feed about 2-3 of them. See if he will eat. Peas are good at helping them poop.ย 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
On 7/6/2021 at 4:52 PM, Monique Chester said:

Been feeding peas and he is a lot better now and is pooping ok now. ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

Thats great news.ย :thumbup2:

• 2 months later...

I finally bought my new 360 litre tank for the 4 goldfish ! So since July I have been doing frequent water changes and filter cleaning in the old 100 litre.....So looking forward to having time to enjoy spending time with them without all that constantย  cleaning . The new canister filter has 3 types of filters in . Starting to build my own stand which I saw on You Tube . Thanks for all the good advise which has got me this far now . ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ 

• Admin
11 hours ago, Monique Chester said:

I finally bought my new 360 litre tank for the 4 goldfish ! So since July I have been doing frequent water changes and filter cleaning in the old 100 litre.....So looking forward to having time to enjoy spending time with them without all that constantย  cleaning . The new canister filter has 3 types of filters in . Starting to build my own stand which I saw on You Tube . Thanks for all the good advise which has got me this far now . ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ 

That sounds like a win win.ย ย 

WOW! build it your self. I never had the gumption to build my own tank. I would love to see the photos of you doing it as you go. :)ย 

Not building a tank ...just a stand for the Jewel 350 litre aquarium . I saw it on You Tube but will take some pics of me putting it together and the finished result ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ 

1 hour ago, Monique Chester said:

Not building a tank ...just a stand for the Jewel 350 litre aquarium . I saw it on You Tube but will take some pics of me putting it together and the finished result ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ 

Definitely share the finished result! Iโ€™d love to learn to build my own stands.

How are your fish doing?

They are ok now as I am doing frequent water changes and checking filter. One is sometimes a bit floaty but I use sinking pellets and feed some petit pois peas cooked every evening and he is doing well now the water is good . I am going to take photos on tuesday when some of the materials get delivered for the stand project .๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ 

• Admin
On 9/18/2021 at 7:59 AM, Monique Chester said:

They are ok now as I am doing frequent water changes and checking filter. One is sometimes a bit floaty but I use sinking pellets and feed some petit pois peas cooked every evening and he is doing well now the water is good . I am going to take photos on tuesday when some of the materials get delivered for the stand project .๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ 

Can't wait to see. ๐Ÿ‘