Acrylic Pour Painting Give Away! 10 x 10 Ocean

• Admin

5/3/2021 - 5/23/2021

Okay guys I have a 10 x 10 Acrylic Pour. I did this one about a Month ago.

As you can see it's supposed to be a beach view. :)

It does have a clear coat on it to keep the colors nice for a long time.

Every post is an entry into the drawing.

Winner will be drawn on 5-24-2021 by a random number generator.

Winner pays shipping. I will send you a pm to get your address and Paypal information.

Good Luck. 

IMG_20210502_191314313.jpgIMG_20210502_191317226.jpgIMG_20210502_191302484.jpgIMG_20210502_191324413.jpg

That's pretty cool! 

Koko, do you still have an Etsy store?  I can't find it . . .

• Admin
20 minutes ago, Acro said:

That's pretty cool! 

Koko, do you still have an Etsy store?  I can't find it . . .

I took it down for now... If your interested in paintings let me know. I can take photos of ones that are ready :) 

I'm interested in shopping, however . . . not sure if my budget is ready for buying.  lol

On another subject for everyone, do Mulberry trees grow where you live?  Here, the mulberry trees are in season and ripe mulberries are ready for picking!  There are trees all over the city and I love to pick the juicy fruit. Also Loquats are in season too!  I haven't picked any yet, but this week I'm going to pick some.  They are also planted all around the city.

Mulberry:

0171aecd8fb84b1bab14c5c45cefe863.jpg

Loquat:

1200px-Loquat-0.jpg

• Admin
22 hours ago, bearhall04 said:

Question:  when you say posts?  Where?  Here on the page?  Thanks for all you do!!

Yup every time you post like just did. Its a ticket in a since. There are 25 posts in a page.. So I will add up how many posts there is and then use a random number picker. :)

I need to get to bed so I can get to work tomorrow!

Good Night everyone!

Time to sleep!

Today at work:

- A guest was bitten by a snake . . . they thought it was a copper head . . . I called 911 . . . I was able to identify the snake as a corn snake (non venomous) . . . they were taken away in the ambulance (just in case) . . . all ended well.

- A tree limb fell on our electrical wires causing a fire to start in our forest . . . I called 911 . . . Fire Rescue arrived and couldn't put out the fire (water) because of the live wires . . . then the power company had to come and turn off the power . . . finally the fire was put out . . . all ended well.

I've never had to call 911 twice in the same day.

What.  A.  Day.  

• Supporter

Wow you sure had an eventful day!

My dad went to the emergency department yesterday and they kept him in hospital overnight so I had two trips there today, one to take him some clean clothes ans one to pick him up once they cleared him to come home

Also today I did waterchanges, one on my new tank (the cycle is still bumpy but catching up!), one on my QT (poor Ray, my tosakin, has dropsy, been battlimg for 2 weeks now. He is still perky and fighting,  but this is his second time with it, so I don't know how much longer I'll take it if there is no improvement soon), and one on my betta tank. Im planning on eventually upgrading my betta from his 5g to a 15g, but waiting until we get the new floors done in the loungeroom first

Hope your Dad is ok! 

I'm off to take a shower and have dinner!  :)

• Admin
On 5/7/2021 at 8:40 PM, Acro said:

Today at work:

- A guest was bitten by a snake . . . they thought it was a copper head . . . I called 911 . . . I was able to identify the snake as a corn snake (non venomous) . . . they were taken away in the ambulance (just in case) . . . all ended well.

- A tree limb fell on our electrical wires causing a fire to start in our forest . . . I called 911 . . . Fire Rescue arrived and couldn't put out the fire (water) because of the live wires . . . then the power company had to come and turn off the power . . . finally the fire was put out . . . all ended well.

I've never had to call 911 twice in the same day.

What.  A.  Day.  

Man what a day that way. :yikes

Reminds me of last summer... I saw a big Tree limb fall down about 2 blocks away. So I went over and made sure the lady was okay. Then walked back home. I sit down only to see fire from the same house. So I run back over to find out her Compost pile was on fire and about 3 feet from her home.. :yikes

I feel your pain hun. 

That saying . . . when it rains, it pours.  lol  I'm just glad things turned out good . . . they could have ended horribly!  But all is calm now.

As for today; I went Mulberry picking again!  Urban food foraging is fun, it's amazing how many yummy edible foods are around us, yet we overlook them all the time!  I want to learn more about foraging and what is safe to eat.  I know there are all kinds of books and websites on the subject . . .

Well I need to ask ya all what would do for a tank if you were to start over.

I don’t have a tank now and am wanting to get a new one.

6 hours ago, bearhall04 said:

Well I need to ask ya all what would do for a tank if you were to start over.

I don’t have a tank now and am wanting to get a new one.

I'd get the largest tank (or stock tank) that I could (1) afford and (2) have space for. 

I'd be sure to under-stock and enjoy fewer fish fully. 

I'd stick to streamlined fish (commons (aka Hibuna), comets, wakin).

I'd setup an amazing filtration system with a sump, and/or aquaponics style filter, and/or a mega pond canister filter (pond canister filters are different than aquarium canister filters).

I'd buy quality fish, from a reputable source, so I know it would be healthy and exactly what I wanted.

And speaking of urban food foraging, I cleared out a garden bed in front of my house, and I found a patch of mysterious berry plants growing there!  After a bunch of research (because I don't want to get sick), I discovered that I have a volunteer Dewberry patch!  It's the common Dewberry aka Rubus flagellaris.  Here is an example of what they look like:

640px-Rubus_flagellaris_UGA1120430.jpg

I just picked all the last Dewberries.  There were only about 10 of them left for the year.  I'm going to dig up the pants from the garden bed and pot them. 

Have you ever tried feeding goldfish Blackberries or Raspberries?

Have you . . . yes you, the person reading . . . got any new pets recently?

I'm hoping to get a cat soon.  I'll be getting some Assassin Bugs in the mail, also some Mealworms and Black Soldier Fly Larvae for composting!  The bugs will be shipped Monday!

22 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

I got this boy yesterday

Woah!  That's a cute one, where did you get him?

23 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

A LFS not far from me ^^ 

That's happy.  :)

My oldest fish came from a 'Mom and Pop' local store.  I think it was supposed to be a ranchu, but it had no head growth, and it's body was that of an egg fish.  And that's exactly why I chose it, it was my egg fish goldfish and was a beauty.

• Supporter

So when I went to the shop the other day and got Bailey there was another fish that I really liked but I talked myself out of buying two (Were quite pricey and I wasn't entirely convinved of their health) but I couldn't stop thinking about that other fish. So I went back today and he was still there and now he is here :rofl 

Meet Manny

image.thumb.png.ab4aba0880349ea53415ef8889ea0069.png(this is him at the store, I haven't got any photos of him here yet)