New to goldfish and new to Kokos

I'm a new member. I hope to learn more about goldfish keeping. I am picking up a used 20 gallon and 30 gallon tank tomorrow. I have always loved lionheads but willing to start with an easier fish to learn more. Any suggestions?

Mary

• Admin
1 hour ago, Meme said:

I'm a new member. I hope to learn more about goldfish keeping. I am picking up a used 20 gallon and 30 gallon tank tomorrow. I have always loved lionheads but willing to start with an easier fish to learn more. Any suggestions?

Mary

Hello 

:hi

:welcome

Well the only thing I can say about the lionheads that would make them a little harder than the, lets say fantail goldfish, is that they have No dorsal fin and can be a slower swimmer. With that said, over all they are just great fish to have. If you want one I say go for it. I love Ranchu's and Shukins. They are my favorite. 

5 hours ago, Meme said:

Welcome to the forum! 

Are you going to get your fish locally or are you ordering from a goldfish breeder?

Good Luck!  :D

I'm in north western Kansas. I don't think there's anything but feeders at the bait shop out here. But I've looked online on ebay, and they are not cheap.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Meme said:

I'm in north western Kansas. I don't think there's anything but feeders at the bait shop out here. But I've looked online on ebay, and they are not cheap.

You might want to try ECR. East Coast Ranchu. She sells Ranchu's, lionheads and much more. She's got some really awesome fish. 

https://www.eastcoastranchu.com