Give Away. Acrylic Painting. 4-22-2021 to 5-1-2021

• Admin

Hello Guys!

I'm giving away a hand made acrylic pour painting. I made this one about a year ago.

It's a 5" x 7" canvas.

It does have a clear coat on it to keep the colors nice for a long time.

Every post is an entry into the drawing.

Winner will be drawn on 5-2-2021 by a random number generator.

Winner pays shipping. I will send you a pm to get your address and Paypal information.

Good Luck. 

IMG_20210412_142849742.jpg

IMG_20210412_142845666.jpg

• Admin
2 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

That one reminds me of bubbles :)

I think it looks like a dolphin :) 

• Helper
2 hours ago, bearhall04 said:

I love the painting!  I miss my goldfish, Larry.  Maybe time to get a ten gallon tank and start over.  💖 

If you can manage it try to go bigger, the bigger tanks are easier to maintain in the long run! I have a ten gallon with some barbs right now and I just hate the size, it’s too small for long term management unless you’re intentionally going nano. My goldfish are in 110-ish gallons and that is so much more stable. But even a 30 long was easier and more satisfying :)

I’m sorry Larry passed, it’s hard to lose pets, especially when they’ve been with you for a long time :(

• Helper
5 hours ago, koko said:

I didn’t see it until you said so but now I totally do.

39 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

If you can manage it try to go bigger, the bigger tanks are easier to maintain in the long run! I have a ten gallon with some barbs right now and I just hate the size, it’s too small for long term management unless you’re intentionally going nano. My goldfish are in 110-ish gallons and that is so much more stable. But even a 30 long was easier and more satisfying :)

I’m sorry Larry passed, it’s hard to lose pets, especially when they’ve been with you for a long time :(

Larry was with me 12 years.  I loved my buddy.  Yes, bigger is easier - but I am in an apartment and won’t be here long term.  For now a 10 gallon would be good.  I had a 29 gallon one for Larry. He loved it!  

• Admin
3 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

I didn’t see it until you said so but now I totally do.

I was shocked when I saw it lol

12 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

That one reminds me of bubbles :)

9 hours ago, koko said:

It made me think of a daphnia, or some sort of critter like that.

daphnia-image.jpg

But then I saw your dolphin Koko!

I'm going to clean the tropical fish tank tonight!  But first . . . Mexican food for dinner!  :D

• Admin

I have one painting that will have to say with me forever. I will get a photo of it and you guys can tell me what you see in it :rofl

20 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Well my tank just got taken away, now to wait til tomorrow

Why was it taken?  I feel like I'm missing something that happened . . .

8 hours ago, koko said:

I have one painting that will have to say with me forever. I will get a photo of it and you guys can tell me what you see in it :rofl

Show it!  Show it! 

• Supporter
55 minutes ago, Acro said:

Why was it taken?  I feel like I'm missing something that happened . . .

Show it!  Show it! 

I sold it! To make room for a new 7x2.5x1.6 tank with a 5ft sump
image.png.f777280a271641d520c677c16524116a.png

• Admin

WOWsers Mandy :yikes that thing is HUGE!

IMG_20210424_160518573.jpg

Well the painting is on its side. This one is one of a kind I tell ya :yikes 

• Supporter

I love it Koko. First time having a sump and I'm looking forward to not having to deal with canisters again!.

image.thumb.png.6ab71235dec6660052aa2b644638500a.png

I love that painting too! I think it looks like a Tardigrade

On 4/25/2021 at 1:02 AM, koko said:

. . . that thing is HUGE!

IMG_20210424_160518573.jpg

Well the painting is on its side.

On it's side, it looks kinda like an alligator head . . . swimming towards a tunnel . . .

On 4/25/2021 at 2:28 AM, FishyMandy said:

image.thumb.png.6ab71235dec6660052aa2b644638500a.png

Wowza!  That tank is beautiful!  Have you been swimming in it yet? 

I can't wait to set up my stock tanks!  It's been months (almost a year?) and other stuff keeps getting in the way.  But once they are setup, I'll finally keep some goldfish again!

• Supporter

Haha swimming in it sure is tempting. 

It's been over a year since I first drew up the plans for this tank, Dec 2019 I took them into the shop and got a quote, then a year later after buying my car I had saved up enough to place the order, so placed the order in Dec last year and was so excited when I finally got the call saying it was done!

They delivered it and did all the plumbing for me and filled it and made sure everything was running correctly.

Going to go through ab ump in the cycle now as I have a lot of ne media in the sump but have put my old media in too so hopefully it wont take too long to settle.

But it has a drain I can attach my hose to for draining it so waterchanges are gonna be a breeze

And I am thrilled to never have to deal with canister filters again lol

• Admin
10 hours ago, Acro said:

On it's side, it looks kinda like an alligator head . . . swimming towards a tunnel . . .

Well thats a better way of looking at it... I must say... I see well a body part in an x-ray :yikes

17 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

They delivered it and did all the plumbing for me and filled it and made sure everything was running correctly.

That is some nice customer service!  That's the part (plumbing) that I'm worried about for when I set up my stock tanks. 

8 hours ago, koko said:

Well thats a better way of looking at it... I must say... I see well a body part in an x-ray

Yes, totally the first thing I saw too . . . I think we all saw it.  lol

I didn't know you made that kinda art Koko!  But hey, make that money gurl!  Do what ya gotta do!  ;)  :P

• Admin
10 minutes ago, Acro said:

Yes, totally the first thing I saw too . . . I think we all saw it.  lol

I didn't know you made that kinda art Koko!  But hey, make that money gurl!  Do what ya gotta do!  ;)  :P

Well that one just came out that way :yikes It was one of my first attempts at a tree ring pour... I see no rings and no tree in this at all :rofl

15 minutes ago, koko said:

Well that one just came out that way  It was one of my first attempts at a tree ring pour... I see no rings and no tree in this at all

Well, maybe not a tree, but totally some wood . . .

Now who blushed reading that? 

lol