We've had this little guy almost a year. Will he eventually lose all his orange? He used to be 2/3 orange and 1/3 white (left: July 2020), which has reversed over the past few months (right: currently).

It doesn't matter to me either way, just curious?

PhotoCollage_20210405_221258476.jpg

Goldfish can always go through a color change. There isn't really anyway of knowing until it happens :)

To me, it just looks like he's been properly fed since being in your care and just normally growing now as a whole  :)  If you look at his tail, there is actually more orange on it now than when you first got him :teehee  

17 hours ago, Mikey said:

If you look at his tail, there is actually more orange on it now than when you first got him :teehee  

That's true - he started to lose some of the orange on his tail, then got a few orange streaks at the end. Guess I'll wait and see what else happens! 🙂

Thanks for the insight. I was curious because our other fish hasn't changed color at all. 🤷

On 4/6/2021 at 3:49 PM, fish10 said:

That's true - he started to lose some of the orange on his tail, then got a few orange streaks at the end. Guess I'll wait and see what else happens! 🙂

Thanks for the insight. I was curious because our other fish hasn't changed color at all. 🤷

White and black seem to be unstable colors in goldfish. Now of course Gold is the most common color, so goldfish have a tendency to change to orange. lol

Your fish looks fine and it appears you have done a great job of grooming him. In your first pic he appears emaciated and in the second pic very healthy, great job

5 hours ago, spider man said:

Your fish looks fine and it appears you have done a great job of grooming him. In your first pic he appears emaciated and in the second pic very healthy, great job

I agree the first pic looks like they didn't feed him much at the store. Poor fish :( 

On 4/9/2021 at 7:43 PM, koko said:

Poor fish :( 

He's loving life now! 🙂

Here's a current pic (right) compared to five days ago (left). At this rate he'll be completely white soon! 😯 Will he ever get his orange back? Just curious. 

PhotoCollage_20210421_210814141.jpg

Looks like this fish will be mostly white. :lol

I had a fish that had really bright orange for years and then within a couple of weeks his orange completely faded and he ended up completely white, he's never gained back any of his orange.

I unfortunately don't have photos of the process on this computer or else I'd share them. 

On 4/22/2021 at 2:15 AM, FishyMandy said:

I had a fish that had really bright orange for years and then within a couple of weeks his orange completely faded and he ended up completely white, he's never gained back any of his orange.

I had no idea this was possible until now! 🤷

He was cute when he was orange with a white belly, and he's cute now too. ♥️ I just didn't realize how fast it would happen! He may be completely white soon. Here he is today. 

PXL_20210430_235109611.jpg

Oh he's looking quite cute in his new outfit. I like it. I wonder if he will keep some of the orange. 

5 minutes ago, koko said:

Oh he's looking quite cute in his new outfit. I like it. I wonder if he will keep some of the orange. 

Oh yes, he's quite dapper now. Very formal. 🤵♂️😂 

No sign of the orange fade slowing down yet... We shall see! 🤷

Would love to see any color change pictures anyone has. 🙂

20171205_150913.jpg

This is them as Babies. 

1228180915b_HDR.jpg1228180917j.jpg

This is them now :yikes

IMG_20210418_114109835.jpgIMG_20210418_113943007.jpgIMG_20210418_114116838.jpg

8 hours ago, koko said:

This is them now

Oh wow! Looks like the same thing... Just a white belly eventually became completely white. Beautiful both ways. 🙂 And I'm assuming the white stayed? Thanks for sharing! 

13 hours ago, fish10 said:

Oh wow! Looks like the same thing... Just a white belly eventually became completely white. Beautiful both ways. 🙂 And I'm assuming the white stayed? Thanks for sharing! 

Yup Goldfish the Ranchu is white as can be now lol.

Zach the was Moor is orange ROFL. 

Zach lost her black when my lights went very dim over about 3 months. I didn't know they were dimming until she started to change fast one me. :yikes 

33 minutes ago, koko said:

Zach the was Moor is orange ROFL. 

Wait, what?! I thought that was a different fish! That is crazy. 

1 hour ago, fish10 said:

Wait, what?! I thought that was a different fish! That is crazy. 

Nope Thats the same fish. She was a Moor and now is Orange. I have had these 2 fish for almost 8 years now. :yikes

The transformation is officially complete... He now has no orange left! 🤍

PXL_20210520_160802263.jpg

He’s a cutie!

10 minutes ago, hannah said:

He’s a cutie!

Thanks Hannah!

His name is Jelly Bean. 🙂

Haha He's a White Prince.... Handsome little guy. :teehee

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.