We've had this little guy almost a year. Will he eventually lose all his orange? He used to be 2/3 orange and 1/3 white (left: July 2020), which has reversed over the past few months (right: currently).

It doesn't matter to me either way, just curious?

PhotoCollage_20210405_221258476.jpg

Goldfish can always go through a color change. There isn't really anyway of knowing until it happens :)

To me, it just looks like he's been properly fed since being in your care and just normally growing now as a whole  :)  If you look at his tail, there is actually more orange on it now than when you first got him :teehee  

17 hours ago, Mikey said:

If you look at his tail, there is actually more orange on it now than when you first got him :teehee  

That's true - he started to lose some of the orange on his tail, then got a few orange streaks at the end. Guess I'll wait and see what else happens! 🙂

Thanks for the insight. I was curious because our other fish hasn't changed color at all. 🤷

On 4/6/2021 at 3:49 PM, fish10 said:

That's true - he started to lose some of the orange on his tail, then got a few orange streaks at the end. Guess I'll wait and see what else happens! 🙂

Thanks for the insight. I was curious because our other fish hasn't changed color at all. 🤷

White and black seem to be unstable colors in goldfish. Now of course Gold is the most common color, so goldfish have a tendency to change to orange. lol

Your fish looks fine and it appears you have done a great job of grooming him. In your first pic he appears emaciated and in the second pic very healthy, great job

5 hours ago, spider man said:

Your fish looks fine and it appears you have done a great job of grooming him. In your first pic he appears emaciated and in the second pic very healthy, great job

I agree the first pic looks like they didn't feed him much at the store. Poor fish :( 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.