need help with sick Shubunkin

Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to look at my post. 

I am somewhat new to the hobby. I have Been keeping goldfish my whole life in ponds but new to the Aquarium hobby.

all of the fish I have now are all new from the pet shop this year.

so....

Today (right before heading out to Sunday church) I  noticed one of my Shubunkin goldfish was at the bottom of the tank just sitting there without flapping any fins. So I put her in a Quarantine tank and observed her for a few minutes, she was only using one Gill for breathing and when she did move would only use one of her side fins.She had been sitting on the bottom of the tank inactive. the weird part is, she has been doing this on and off all day. she will sit at the bottom then i will see her moving around as if nothing is wrong moving both fins and breathing out of both gills. Then I will see her at the bottom again.

so I medicated her with Minnfinn.

Everyone else in the main tank is just fine. If anyone has any sort of advice for me that would be so much help.

Thank you all

here are my Test results from the water,

Test Results for the Following:

Ammonia Level(Tank) 0

Nitrite Level(Tank) 0

Nitrate level(Tank) 5.0

Ammonia Level(Tap)  0

Nitrite Level(Tap)  0

Nitrate level(Tap)  5.0

Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) ph only 7.2-7.6

Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) ph only  7.2-7.6

Other Required Info:

Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API test Kit drops.

Water temperature? 70F

Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 150 gallon. 1.5 months

What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? sunsun 304b and sponge filter. plus wave maker on lower power.

How often do you change the water and how much? 25-30 percet weekly.

How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 25-30 percent 3 days ago.

How many fish in the tank and their size? Three 3" shubunkin, one 6" koi, two 2" fancy goldfish and 6 rosy barbs small 1-2" all purchased this year.

What kind of water additives or conditioners? Seachem Flourish (for plants) Seachem Stability, Aqueon water conditioner.

What do you feed your fish and how often? Tetra goldfish Flakes 2 times daily about a dime size amount.

Any new fish added to the tank? no. 

Any medications added to the tank? Seachem flourish. 

List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.

Aqueion has been used since the tank startup with every water change.
Full measuremeant per/size of tank with every treatment.

recently added a new plant and also Seachem Floursh.

Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? Nothing yet.

Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? Staying at the bottom of tank (which is why I put the fish in quarantine.)

• Admin

Sorry I was going to help last night but Life happened lol.

:welcome

Well Lets start off with the types of fish you  have in the tank.  Koi really shouldn't be homed in a tank. They grow to big and will start to bully the goldfish for space. Also I wouldn't house Barbs with them either. Goldfish should be housed with just goldfish IMO. :)

Do you have live plants in the tank? 

Could you get us a photo of the tank and of the fish that is sick. 

• Admin
12 hours ago, Beans said:

Well the fish passed on. 
thanks anyways guys. 

Im sorry to hear that :(

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.