Is this s tumor or overgrown Wen

Hi All. Based on your knowledge of fish is this tumor or wen overgrowth?  Not affecting his eyesight but shouild it be removed or left alone. FIsh is 3 years old.and around 4 inch long and almost as thick as a tennis ball. He is very active.

gf.jpg

• Helper

Tumor, but not a huge deal. That sort of overgrowth is usually not a problem if the fish can still swim and eat. But we can investigate cutting it off down the road if it becomes a problem :)

Thank you for the reply. If I do choose to  remove the tumor it woudl most likey lt re grow back? It is safe to assume it can be removed  in the same fashion as if I needed to remove overgrown Wen arund the eys of a goldfish or it is going to result in a different outcome?

• Admin
On 3/20/2021 at 2:30 PM, FishyOnMe said:

Thank you for the reply. If I do choose to  remove the tumor it woudl most likey lt re grow back?

No real way of know. :( 

On 3/20/2021 at 2:30 PM, FishyOnMe said:

It is safe to assume it can be removed  in the same fashion as if I needed to remove overgrown Wen arund the eys of a goldfish or it is going to result in a different outcome?

It should be treated the same way as a trimming. It may bleed so keep an eye out, if you do do it. 😊