Koko'sgoldfish.COM MAY! Shutting Down! In April! NOT THE FORUM!

• Admin

Hello guys,

With a very sad heart, I have to shut down the main site (.com). With all of this going on and with the SSQL that I have to pay for on the .com side, I can't afford to keep that going. 

I don't even know what to really say.

I do want to say. I will try and keep the forum up as long as we can.

Thank you to all that helped build Koko'sgoldfish.com. There is so much information out there that everyone put up over the years that it would be a shame for it to be lost. 

• Admin
22 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

So sorry koko :(

Me too. It sucks that I cant afford to keep it running. They are making it impossible to afford things with a SQL with the Hosting and the domain name. :(

22 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Can you move the articles and post thrm as topics here?

I can do some, but to do it all will be a HUGE job! :O

Hey Boss!!!!!

It's been a looonggggg time since I've done a drive by here and checked things out.  (only 10 years since my last post)  Lots of changes.  My rep should be negative a billion...tee hee, or maybe my warning level...hmm?

Fun fact for those reading, I was the 2nd male/guy/dude moderator for Koko way way back.  Had to put up with lots of girl stuff...ugh.  They were a fun group to be associated with.  :) 

Anyone from the days of long ago still around?  It's cool you are still using jsartist's goldfish as part of the logo.  I remember the short time period of suffering when this place transitioned from the old forum, had a temp site (it was only a week or so), and then set up shop here-and what this has become over the years.

Koko, do you remember the car racing/crashing game we played on the original xbox on live.  That was...AWESOME!  Lots of memories from hanging out here.  Hopefully this has continued over the years.  Is the Christmas gift exchange still a thing?  That was always an interesting time, see who you got to get presents for.  Then do the live chat room and "opening" your gifts with everyone.

Hope the "Christmas present" helps a little.  

Love always...kitty (see Sully avatar-Koko's warm fuzzy).  :) 

Hey, beautiful people (Koko, Mandy, Arctic Mama...... and all other formers), I am really sorry to know that! 

Kokos goldfish forum was and is an encyclopedia, valuable treasure for aquatic world. 

I want to thank you for all lovely moments, knowledge and experience I got here!

One thing is for sure, you will be missed a lot!

Good luck everyone!

• Admin
19 hours ago, adnan said:

Hey, beautiful people (Koko, Mandy, Arctic Mama...... and all other formers), I am really sorry to know that! 

Kokos goldfish forum was and is an encyclopedia, valuable treasure for aquatic world. 

I want to thank you for all lovely moments, knowledge and experience I got here!

One thing is for sure, you will be missed a lot!

Good luck everyone!

The forum is still Open hun. That's what the Fund Raiser is about. 

It's the main site, the .com part. 😵

• Admin
On 3/11/2021 at 5:42 PM, pm94 said:

Hey Boss!!!!!

It's been a looonggggg time since I've done a drive by here and checked things out.  (only 10 years since my last post)  Lots of changes.  My rep should be negative a billion...tee hee, or maybe my warning level...hmm?

10 YEARS!! 😮 Dang. Maybe a Koko's stick is in order lol

Fun fact for those reading, I was the 2nd male/guy/dude moderator for Koko way way back.  Had to put up with lots of girl stuff...ugh.  They were a fun group to be associated with.  :) 

You where a great Mod. Thank you so much for all your hard work you did. 🤗 It sure was a fun group of ppl. 

Anyone from the days of long ago still around?  It's cool you are still using jsartist's goldfish as part of the logo.  I remember the short time period of suffering when this place transitioned from the old forum, had a temp site (it was only a week or so), and then set up shop here-and what this has become over the years.

Yes we never changed the logo. I had thought about an upgrade but nothing really seemed right. That was such a hard transition time. I think I pulled out a lot of hairs out back then and maybe that's why I don't have much hair left ROFL. 🤪

Koko, do you remember the car racing/crashing game we played on the original xbox on live.  That was...AWESOME!  Lots of memories from hanging out here.  Hopefully this has continued over the years.  Is the Christmas gift exchange still a thing?  That was always an interesting time, see who you got to get presents for.  Then do the live chat room and "opening" your gifts with everyone.

I sure do. I actually was talking to Ric about that the older day and then you showed up. lol I had so much fun racing with you dude. I really hope we can hang on. We have been hold on by our nails but now I feel like its harder to keep a grip. 

No we don't do that anymore unfortunately, it got to hard for the shipping and what not's. I loved doing that though and the live chat room was a hoot. 😂

Hope the "Christmas present" helps a little.  

Love always...kitty (see Sully avatar-Koko's warm fuzzy).  :) 

Thank you So So much. This means so much to me..... My Sully 🤗🥰

• Helper

Ugh I’m sorry about the site costs. Offer is still open on us hosting though, if you’d like.

It’s good to see old faces around here! I know life has been so hard and so many sites have shut down the last few years, but costs are what they are and traffic is just low when it’s all aggregated on crappy social media. Even giant sites like City Data have had major drops in traffic. 

• Admin
13 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

Ugh I’m sorry about the site costs. Offer is still open on us hosting though, if you’d like.

It’s good to see old faces around here! I know life has been so hard and so many sites have shut down the last few years, but costs are what they are and traffic is just low when it’s all aggregated on crappy social media. Even giant sites like City Data have had major drops in traffic. 

Well I did run into an issue... The main site can be saved if you wanted to keep it safe :)

But the forum. I can't get to the FTP.. They took my control panel along time ago. 😰

• Helper

The forum and site run somewhat separately from what it looks like to me, so the forum should remain going and if we can work out a back end deal, I’m happy to help keep the main site going long term too. We can archive the forum and change a format down the road if it’s just too expensive to maintain as well, I promise we won’t just let the whole thing shut down and lose all the posts and knowledge. But I don’t think Koko and TD are there yet on the forum and plan to keep it running as is for the time being?

• Admin
On 3/14/2021 at 2:36 PM, Arctic Mama said:

I’ll talk to hubby about it tonight again, and PM you for more details.

Okay I PMed you and will Email ya in the morning :)

On 3/15/2021 at 4:02 AM, FishyMandy said:

What is ftp?

Does that mean the forum will go? :(

A FTP is where you can go in and see all the files that run the system and be able to get to them. :)

The forum is separate from the site. If you look at the URL they are separate. :) 

On 3/15/2021 at 5:47 PM, Arctic Mama said:

The forum and site run somewhat separately from what it looks like to me, so the forum should remain going and if we can work out a back end deal, I’m happy to help keep the main site going long term too. We can archive the forum and change a format down the road if it’s just too expensive to maintain as well, I promise we won’t just let the whole thing shut down and lose all the posts and knowledge. But I don’t think Koko and TD are there yet on the forum and plan to keep it running as is for the time being?

The Forum is run by a totally different server and hosting ppl.

With me and AM I think we can try and save it guys. I don't want it to go down either. It's everyone's hard work over 25 years! Yes somethings need some work but its like a library of goldfish knowledge that you can see evolving over time. That's what I love about it. Also all the people you meet over the years that you would have never met cause they are on the other side of the world.

We hope to keep it going. We have enough now to keep the forum up and running till August. That I can promise. :thumb:🤗

9 hours ago, NoRanda said:

What is the $$ amount now?
I like this forum so much. the Facebook groups are no match.

Okay guys. 

This forum costs me $75 a month. To keep it up and running. 

I'm going to have TD ask them if there is any breaks we can get from them tomorrow.

I didn't have a chance today as I got evacuated from my home today for about 3 hours. 😵

Wow, just read this and the story is like a roller coaster!  Looking up now!  Let me know if I (we) can help! 

Good Luck!  Hugs and High-Fives all around!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin
On 3/9/2021 at 2:57 PM, FishyMandy said:

Can you move the articles and post thrm as topics here?

TD and I have been talking and we have decided that money wise it would be best to move all the good stuff over to the forum and let the .com eventually die. See the problem is the SSL that thing is the killer. I can get all the costs down really good with @Arctic Mama Hubby's help, but the SSL is the kicker and without it the site would show a warning. Most people will not click all the way through with a warning. 

So the best thing I can do is move everything over. 

If there is any pages you guys think that need to be saved. Please post here... I will do the best I can to save the pages that are important. 

Thank you all for understanding and help keep the forum running. Hugs To all :pease:

• Helper

Let me know what you need us to do. I’d say just copy the text of the links over to pinned posts. You could even make a forum or sub forum that has all of that content in thread form, one for each page, potentially.

• Admin
On 4/15/2021 at 5:41 PM, Arctic Mama said:

Let me know what you need us to do. I’d say just copy the text of the links over to pinned posts. You could even make a forum or sub forum that has all of that content in thread form, one for each page, potentially.

I could make maybe a tab at the top for the Old site information. 

I will be getting on to it this weekend. :thumbup2:

• 10 months later...