Miss Bad Wolf

Tetra Baby Shrimp Sun Dried Treat- any good?

Is Tetra Baby Shrimp Sun Dried Treat any good for goldfish?  I’m thinking of buying some for my goldfish as a treat.  If so how often should I give them to my fish?

88D80834-F735-4DE4-9DE2-C1443F0C992D.jpeg

The short answer to your question is that I honestly don't know.  :idont Hopefully, someone with greater expertise will come along and answer.  However, I feed my fish FROZEN brine shrimp.  I believe the idea is that they are protein rich and both frozen brine shrimp and frozen bloodworms can fed to goldfish and part of their diet...which should also include fresh veggies/fruits and a pellet type food for balanced nutrition.  If you "sun dry" the shrimp does that degrade the nutrients otherwise obtained from frozen brine shrimp??? 

You know I dont really like those. Most of my fish never really liked them... Just me I think. :lol 

On 1/17/2021 at 2:35 PM, Miss Bad Wolf said:

Is Tetra Baby Shrimp Sun Dried Treat any good for goldfish?  I’m thinking of buying some for my goldfish as a treat.  If so how often should I give them to my fish?

From what I remember, when I would feed them to goldfish, they are hard and air filled.  You could soak them for a bit and then squish them to push out some of the air bubbles, I used to do that.  But I'd suggest Mysis Shrimp, they are softer and contain less air.  They are sold by many of the common companies, at many common fish food stores.  Both dry and frozen, but frozen is best.

Check out a size comparison from dried Gammarus - baby shrimp (top) vs dried Mysis shrimp (bottom) next to a dime:

s450951830205478498_p55_i2_w640.jpeg      

s-l1600-960.jpg

Hope this helps, Good Luck! 

^^^^^

My guys go nuts for frozen mysis shrimp

While you are shopping for treats have a look to Daphnia, mosquitoes larva, and baby brine shrimp, all very tasty and good.

A note about gammarus , used to feed turtles, they have hard sharp legs and sometimes get stuck in fish throat causing bad things such as death.