Help with unknown issue

JamieLu

On 12/29/2020 at 3:08 PM, Arctic Mama said:

Also if you post, please give me at least 24 hours before poking again. Usually I’ve seen it, I’m just busy and can’t always get right online. But I have this on notifications, I don’t usually miss posts :)

I didnt mean to post twice, i think i was just editing somethin but had already edited it once and couldnt figure out how to do it again. Im new to this forum so still tryin to figure it out. I did about a 30-40% water change yesterday and today my oranda had another pimple on his wen. Theyre always on the same side which is weird? Anyway, thanks again

On 12/30/2020 at 4:58 PM, Arctic Mama said:

Can you take a good closeup picture under bright lights, please?

The pimple is gone but i will take one if he gets another

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 4:58 PM, Arctic Mama said:

Can you take a good closeup picture under bright lights, please?

So we got our stimulus and tomorrow we will b getting everything necessary. I will pick up more prazi but i have some questions. Im 90%sure my betta has velvet. He has some rust color on him. At first i thought it was his coloring but it def has gotten worse. Hes in another room so havent seen him flash but most the time he rests if hes not flaring at the snails. Is it possible i cross contaminated to the goldfish? Recently ive been doing my best to sterilize my equipment but i know i wasnt when i first got him about a year ago? If it were velvet would my moors have a more milky slime coat? I finally got my microscope set up and working correctly, and figured out i have planaria in my snail tank 😒 and i prob do in others too. Anyway, i will research tonight about doing scrapes of the fish for some slides so i can b sure of what to treat for but just wondering if you know anything about velvet in goldfish. Thanks! 

• Helper

It looks okay to me, honestly...? The luster of the scales can change with water conditions, but if it is velvet it is easier to diagnose under very bright light, up close.

• Admin

Oh long have you had the Betta? 

They really only live to about 4years old, sometimes 5. I'm thinking yours is showing old age. They get darker and there gills change colors sometimes. 

On 1/12/2021 at 1:14 PM, koko said:

Oh long have you had the Betta? 

They really only live to about 4years old, sometimes 5. I'm thinking yours is showing old age. They get darker and there gills change colors sometimes. 

Ive only had him for about a year. I dont think hes that old tho he was full grown when i got him. My last one lived for 4 years as well. 

• Admin
19 minutes ago, JamieLu said:

Ive only had him for about a year. I dont think hes that old tho he was full grown when i got him. My last one lived for 4 years as well. 

I cant quite see, but is his lips an off color white? 

Is he still eating good?

On 1/13/2021 at 2:38 PM, koko said:

I cant quite see, but is his lips an off color white? 

Is he still eating good?

His lips are actually the steel blue color that he has on his body as well. They've always been like that, its def his natural color. And yes he is eating normally! 

• Admin
On 1/15/2021 at 4:49 AM, JamieLu said:

His lips are actually the steel blue color that he has on his body as well. They've always been like that, its def his natural color. And yes he is eating normally! 

If you got him full grown. He might be getting old. Betta's kind fade in color when they get old. I had one that was with me for 5 years and when he passed, his colors were faded and he liked to lay down in his plants.