goldyc

Garlic Water

Hello everyone! Does anyone know a recipe for making garlic water and tell me how to preserve it? Also how and how often should I use it? Thank you all! 

So.... what are you wanting it for? I can’t say I ever use it or have had a need, the only garlic uses I’ve had are in gel food recipes for a picky fish. In which case I just use the juice from minced bottled garlic as part of the liquid to cook the recipe. 

30 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

So.... what are you wanting it for? I can’t say I ever use it or have had a need, the only garlic uses I’ve had are in gel food recipes for a picky fish. In which case I just use the juice from minced bottled garlic as part of the liquid to cook the recipe. 

Well, I've heard that it strengthens the immune system and helps with appetite...that's what I want it for.

I’m not sure I’ve seen evidence of that, honestly, as water quality matters far more than food quality when it comes down to it. But if you’re using a flake food I suggest soaking it in a few drops of garlic juice in a spoon before feeding, to hydrate it. In a gel recipe I go 50/50 water to garlic juice or minced garlic. So if I was using 1/4 cup water to 2 tbs powder, I’d swap out 1/8 cup water for the garlic juice instead.

21 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

I’m not sure I’ve seen evidence of that, honestly, as water quality matters far more than food quality when it comes down to it. But if you’re using a flake food I suggest soaking it in a few drops of garlic juice in a spoon before feeding, to hydrate it. In a gel recipe I go 50/50 water to garlic juice or minced garlic. So if I was using 1/4 cup water to 2 tbs powder, I’d swap out 1/8 cup water for the garlic juice instead.

Thanks a lot!!!