koko

The forum needs your guy's help.

On 11/5/2020 at 4:09 PM, dahling8 said:

Thai Plakats.  Hard to tell the difference between the boys and girls.  They don't have the flowing tails of the halfmoons/crowntails etc. but they are stronger swimmers.  Hmmm...1 boy or 6 girls amongst the glofish.

Your Main Coon is so lovey dovey, too much affection for me in a cat.  lol.  Our lovebird growled at me and only me, but purred with his main caregiver.  Just say I was fine with that, but we all shed tears when he did pass on.  

Hes nuts I tell ya. Just a crazy cat sometimes. I still get bites from him.

Oh hun, Im sorry. I still think about my Odie and how much I miss him. Buddy is kinda like Odie but not the same. :rofl2

Aw its so hard to lose them,  its been 2 years since I lostJunior and it still hurts

16 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

Aw its so hard to lose them,  its been 2 years since I lostJunior and it still hurts

I know hun. I have my painting of Odie in my bed room so I wake up to his smiling face every morning. :) 

It's been a while since I've sold any Anubias plants rooted onto wood.  And I've actually had the idea to put one up for "auction" (with approval) on our forum, with all the money raised going to our forum.

I've got a BIG one right now (big piece of wood with a big anubias plant growing on it) that I can post up and donate.  I don't use FB or have an ebay account, but if you wanted to post it up there or on any other website, I'd be cool with that.  They could pay you and I'd ship to them, or something like that, I'm just throwing out thoughts.  I'll PM you (somewhere between Sunday and Wednesday, unless you PM me first) and maybe we can figure something out KOKO.

On another subject that may help our site. . . I'm on a variety of animal and plant forums.  On the very active forums, one thing they have in common is a very active Classifieds section.  I've seen some rise and some fall, but if they keep their classifieds active, they seem to continue doing well with people coming back and new members joining.  It may be a "chicken or egg" situation, but its something to think about.  I'd be glad to PM you some thriving forums and maybe they will give some inspiration . . . and maybe their owners may be able to share some thoughts if you contact them.

16 hours ago, Acro said:

It's been a while since I've sold any Anubias plants rooted onto wood.  And I've actually had the idea to put one up for "auction" (with approval) on our forum, with all the money raised going to our forum.

I've got a BIG one right now (big piece of wood with a big anubias plant growing on it) that I can post up and donate.  I don't use FB or have an ebay account, but if you wanted to post it up there or on any other website, I'd be cool with that.  They could pay you and I'd ship to them, or something like that, I'm just throwing out thoughts.  I'll PM you (somewhere between Sunday and Wednesday, unless you PM me first) and maybe we can figure something out KOKO.

On another subject that may help our site. . . I'm on a variety of animal and plant forums.  On the very active forums, one thing they have in common is a very active Classifieds section.  I've seen some rise and some fall, but if they keep their classifieds active, they seem to continue doing well with people coming back and new members joining.  It may be a "chicken or egg" situation, but its something to think about.  I'd be glad to PM you some thriving forums and maybe they will give some inspiration . . . and maybe their owners may be able to share some thoughts if you contact them.

I don't have FB either hun. FishyMandy runs the one for this site. 

@FishyMandy When you can you can post any of the threads you think would help on FB hun. 

That would be great hun. Anything we can do to keep it going is great!. 

On 11/21/2020 at 2:25 PM, koko said:

That would be great hun. Anything we can do to keep it going is great!. 

I took a good look at my big rooted anubias, and I found evidence of the dreaded Anubias Rhizome Rot!  :cry

It's unsellable, and from now on, I'm only buying tissue cultured Anubias!

Anyway, I still want to help out, so I'll get the year Subscription in January (when I have money again).  That should fill out the rest of the KG Fund Raiser Goal.  But if I forget, remind me with a PM please!   :)

I still have to PM you some Forum Links, I haven't forgotten, just been busy and a bit stressed, but things are coming together!

Also, will the Acrylic Pours you make be alright in a high humidity area (like over a fish tank)?

On 12/20/2020 at 12:31 PM, Acro said:

Also, will the Acrylic Pours you make be alright in a high humidity area (like over a fish tank)?

You know I will ask my people and let ya know. Never really thought about that before. I have one next to my fish tank for years. So I'm assuming so. But mine is not right over the filters where water can splash on them.

On 12/20/2020 at 12:31 PM, Acro said:

Oh and I will be posting more things up after xmas guys. Just don't have time right now. Got some Magnets and other things coming. 

15 hours ago, koko said:

You know I will ask my people and let ya know. Never really thought about that before. I have one next to my fish tank for years. So I'm assuming so. But mine is not right over the filters where water can splash on them.

Just wondering if they could handle high humidity, being splashed is not something that I'd worry about, they wouldn't be that close.

On 12/23/2020 at 10:59 AM, Acro said:

Just wondering if they could handle high humidity, being splashed is not something that I'd worry about, they wouldn't be that close.

They would be fine hun. I have paintings in my home and trust me I get moister and it gets really humid in the summer. No issues at all. Once dried and cured you can actually clean the paintings with a soft wet cloth. :) 

I just made an etsy order from your store! 

I'm also going to PM you some links now. 

Let's keep this place going!

43 minutes ago, Acro said:

I just made an etsy order from your store! 

I'm also going to PM you some links now. 

Let's keep this place going!

I saw hun. Thank you so much 🥰. Those 2 are some of my favorites. I almost didn't put them up 🤣 I will sign them on the back so you can hang them how you want. 

Yes please, I want to keep it going.

It's bad when you have to go to the church for food. 😳🤪🤗

37 minutes ago, koko said:

I saw hun. Thank you so much. Those 2 are some of my favorites. I almost didn't put them up   I will sign them on the back so you can hang them how you want. 

Yes please, I want to keep it going.

It's bad when you have to go to the church for food.

Well, if you ever miss them, I'll send them back.  :)  :P  And I just want to be sure, does that purchase go towards the fund raiser?

It's not bad when you have to get food from a church, its just what we have to do for the moment.  And think of it this way . . . Its great the church is there and it's great that there is food! 

It could always be better, but it could always be worse (And it could always be worse, but it could always be better!). That thought helps me out sometimes.

Your so right. I'm so grateful to have them. They have saved our butt's so much lately. 

Thank you him, for supporting. Means a lot ☺️

YEAH Guys. We have met our goal to keep the forum going for about 4 more months. 

I can't thank you guys enough for helping the forum. You guys are wonderful. :hug

That’s great news!  Woohoo!

Just wanted to say hi to everyone.  :hi  I haven't been here in a few years.  I haven't had a tank set up for the last 5 years or so, and now my 6 year old daughter is begging me to start it back up.  I had 2 fancies before that earned me a breeder's medal (LOL)...but I consider myself a total newbie in this hobby.   I am trying to brush up on my skills by reading as much as I can, and I saw that the board needs more subscribers and donations...planning to help in that area as much as I can.  Hope you have all been well.  I  have no idea how to navigate this new platform.  Hopefully, I can find the old LOTP?  Or Subscribers forum...and I've got to remember all of the keyboard shortcuts for the emojis.  :rofl

On 1/11/2021 at 9:19 AM, FishWish said:

Just wanted to say hi to everyone.  :hi  I haven't been here in a few years.  I haven't had a tank set up for the last 5 years or so, and now my 6 year old daughter is begging me to start it back up.  I had 2 fancies before that earned me a breeder's medal (LOL)...but I consider myself a total newbie in this hobby.   I am trying to brush up on my skills by reading as much as I can, and I saw that the board needs more subscribers and donations...planning to help in that area as much as I can.  Hope you have all been well.  I  have no idea how to navigate this new platform.  Hopefully, I can find the old LOTP?  Or Subscribers forum...and I've got to remember all of the keyboard shortcuts for the emojis.  :rofl

Hi hun 🤗

There is a LOTP in the general. 

Oh 😣 can't wait to see what you got going. My fish are old now. Just lazy swimming 😃

Hey welcome back! It’s been awhile :)