Eva Gelova

Female or Male goldfish

Hi everyone, I am trying to find out if this is a girl or a boy, if anyone could help would really appreciate that, thanks ☺️

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi Eva,

difficult for me to tell just by looking at the fish here. Do you have other goldfish for side by side comparison or for this fish to interact with in a breeding like fashion? 

The top down view as well as the side view show a slightly more round shaped belly , however the overall shape of your fish is not like the fish I am used to seeing and either way belly shape alone is not a sure way to tell. 

some other things you might be able to look at would be the fish’s rear area - what shape it is , if it protrudes etc.

I recently turned up the heat in my tank, and my fish that I suspected was a male now shows some breeding tubercles on the pectoral fins, 931D5082-A057-43C5-9872-38F8F332ACE4.thumb.jpeg.c0e285bcd469ec1d458ff3ce3169b688.jpeg

This is my other fish, I am guessing this is a boy because of the white spots and plus he chases the goldfish all the time, but because the goldfish chases him sometimes I am confused and thinking she might be a boy 

A1F603F0-ABA0-4F37-B49B-9671D27C43F7.jpeg

I see. Is this fish is in the same tank /water/ temperature as the first fish? 

if so I would guess that they would both show the same signs if they are both male and in the same conditions. I have 2 other fish in my tank with the one I posted before and neither of them have any spots showing, with that in combination that they are rounder in the belly I have come to the conclusion I have 1 male and 2 females 

I tried to snap a good set of comparison photos but my fish are not cooperating with me today. It’s hard to tell by photo but the males overall shape, while round, is slightly more stream lined while the female is more bulbous. Hope this helps. F7038CC0-8BE6-4E7E-8A6C-ABD3AEC01015.thumb.jpeg.775fcbc9de1f2fd6e02d21ceb2af2407.jpeg528DB468-846F-4FBD-A0B4-7BF1E0ACC881.thumb.jpeg.809c722eb886600ce7f9425cbae127fe.jpeg

On 10/12/2020 at 7:42 AM, Eva Gelova said:

Hi everyone, I am trying to find out if this is a girl or a boy, if anyone could help would really appreciate that, thanks ☺️

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Best way is to look at there butts. They will have an outty or an inny. Kinda like belly buttons.

Boys have innys and girls and outies.

http://solidgoldaquatics.com/2013/09/09/how-to-sex-a-goldfish/

You'll have to wait to see the breeding stars to really tell if its a boy or girl but to me the facial features and fin structure indicate to me that its probably a male.   Im sorta guessing though.