Ranchu seems lost

PyriteShark

Hello everyone!

New here, but need some advice.

I first noticed something was weird yesterday at feeding time. Everyone came running except my one Ranchu who took longer than usual to join the group. She is usually the slow and confused one so I shrugged it off as her being too busy destroying plants to notice me at the time. Today I found her at the surface of the tank between their internal filter and the glass. I tried to push her out of the corner thinking maybe she was stuck. That's when I noticed that she seemed really off. Almost like she is confused and lost. She isn't very responsive and would slowly swim swim into the glass. I have her in a breeder box currently to keep her from harming herself. Since putting her in there she mostly just sits still at the surface of the water. She will start swimming around, but only briefly and she tends to swim in circles. She does seem a little floaty and slightly tilted, but I'm not sure if that's my imagination. I tried to attach an image, but I'm not sure how to on this forum.

I added a couple large Catappa leaves to the tank and will be doing a water change once work slows down.

Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas on how to get her passed this? I'm not sure what is wrong. There are 5 other goldfish in the tank and all of them seem completely normal.

Additional information:

Ammonia - 0ppm

PH- 7.8

Nitrite - 0ppm

Nitrate - 5ppm

Apologies, I didn't find the D&D form until after this post. Here are the answers to that

* Ammonia Level(Tank) 0ppm

* Nitrite Level(Tank) 0ppm

* Nitrate level(Tank)  0ppm

* Ammonia Level(Tap) .25ppm

* Nitrite Level(Tap) 1ppm

* Nitrate level(Tap) 0ppm

* Ph Level, Tank  7.8

* Ph Level, Tap 8.4

Other Required Info:

* Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?  API Freshwater Test Kit, drops

* Water temperature?  If you don't use a heater, give the the air temperature. 

* Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?  55 gallons. Tank has been running for a year and a half

* What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?

First filter - Penn Plax Cascade CCF3UL Canister Filter, 100 Gallon, 265gph

Second filter - Shark ADV 800 Internal Filter, 211 GPH

* How often do you change the water and how much? I change the water every 1 to 2 weeks. Usually anywhere between 40 and 50% depending on how much nastiness is floating around

* How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? It's been about a week and a half. I did a deeper clean last time (got under all the rocks and such with a gravel vacuum) so about 60%

* How many fish in the tank and their size? Everyone in the tank is about 4 to 4.5ish inches. 1 oranda, 4 fantails, and the Ranchu in question

* What kind of water additives or conditioners? Seachem Prime

* What do you feed your fish and how often? I try to change their diet up. During the warmer season they get fed twice a day. The morning I usually give them some sort of plant-based food. Usually Aqueon algae rounds or duckweed. Other things they are fed are Omega One small sinking goldfish pellets and on occasion also omega one shrimp pellets. I have also fed them blood worms, but that is rare.

* Any new fish added to the tank? No new fish anytime recent. 

* Any medications added to the tank? I added Catappa leaves, but no medicines since I'm not sure what is wrong

* List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank. I've never had any issues with her in the past.

* Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? List all physical symptoms. She seems a little bit tilty, but no physical changes otherwise

* Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? List all behavioral symptoms. See above post

Poroside.jpg

Porotop.jpg

• Helper

The floatiness could be a swim bladder problem 

Your water levelslook good, but Id still recommend increasing waterchanges, generally at least 70% a week is recommended, goldfish are very messy!

Did you shake thebottle and tube very well whendoing the nitrate test? It is unusual to have 0 nitrates.

@koko what do you think?

2 hours ago, FishyMandy said:

The floatiness could be a swim bladder problem 

Your water levelslook good, but Id still recommend increasing waterchanges, generally at least 70% a week is recommended, goldfish are very messy!

Did you shake thebottle and tube very well whendoing the nitrate test? It is unusual to have 0 nitrates.

When testing the water I shook the second bottle for 30 seconds before adding. Then shook the whole thing for a full minute. Let it sit for at least 5 minutes before checking.

Unfortunately my Ranchu passed away yesterday afternoon. I do think it was swim bladder as she got progressively more tilty before passing. The first night I tried to feed her an unshelled pea which she grabbed, but wouldn't eat. I honestly don't know what happened, just feels sudden. :(