Sign in to follow this  
Katrin1980

Think my four goldfish have eaten the fifth

We had 5 goldfish and they’re tank was quite dirty when I cleaned the glass there were only 4!! There are no signs of the other ones body I assume it died and the 4 ate it. They’ve since got very long think brown pop that sis so long it catches on stuff in tank etc. What should I do? 

On 9/16/2020 at 5:27 AM, Katrin1980 said:

We had 5 goldfish and they’re tank was quite dirty when I cleaned the glass there were only 4!! There are no signs of the other ones body I assume it died and the 4 ate it. They’ve since got very long think brown pop that sis so long it catches on stuff in tank etc. What should I do? 

First we need some information.

Like how big is the tank?

How long has this tank been running?

On 9/16/2020 at 8:27 AM, Katrin1980 said:

Number one on my list . . . don't let the glass and tank get so dirty.  Second get a test kit (if you don't have one already) and test the water to see what your ammonia level is.  Three, you can pinch off the poop leaving a tiny bit near the fish vent (butt) so it does not get caught on stuff.  Fourth, maybe look for the goldfish behind the tank, it may have jumped out??

Either way, good luck!  And be sure to give us more detail so we can help you more.  Also, photos are real helpful! :)