Ms3313

90 gallon Stocking Question

Hi Everyone.  I just upgraded my 65 gallon tank to a 90 gallon.  I know that 5 fancy goldfish in a 90 gallon tank is slightly higher than the recommended amount.  I would prefer to stick to one water change a week if I can.  Can I change a little bit more than 50 % water during my weekly water change and be ok with 5 fancy goldfish?  Has anyone tried 5 in a 90 gallon before?  If not I will just stick to 4 fish.  Also, I was planning on using an aqua clear 110 and an emperor 400 hob filter so I think I should be good on filtration.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

On 7/25/2020 at 12:54 PM, Ms3313 said:

Hi Everyone.  I just upgraded my 65 gallon tank to a 90 gallon.  I know that 5 fancy goldfish in a 90 gallon tank is slightly higher than the recommended amount.  I would prefer to stick to one water change a week if I can.  Can I change a little bit more than 50 % water during my weekly water change and be ok with 5 fancy goldfish?  Has anyone tried 5 in a 90 gallon before?  If not I will just stick to 4 fish.  Also, I was planning on using an aqua clear 110 and an emperor 400 hob filter so I think I should be good on filtration.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Well the 90 is taller you could get away with it for a bit while they are small. But it would be pushing it... I have learned over the years the more room the better for you and your back and the fish :lol:

Guest Ms3313

Got it.  I will stick with 4. Thank you for the help!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.