Alfredo

Issues keeping water clear

So I own a very small comet goldfish (alfredo) that I recently got from a situation where he was a feeder fish someone gave me because they thought he would die. He’s very hardy and has made a full recovery! My issue is, I’m very new to goldfish keeping and I recently upgraded him to a 10 gallon tank, and I’m having issues keeping the water from having a constant cloudy look to it, even with the recommended cycling. Are there any products I can use to help? Alfredo doesn’t seem to be bothered, but I worry! Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Well :welcome

Can you tell us about your tank.

Like filters, how long it's been running, how often do you change the water. Also do you have a test kit.?

Yes! I have a 10 gallon tank, with an aqeon filter for 10 gallon tanks! I was recommended to change his water every week, and I do partial changes (50% new water 50% old) as needed!

1 minute ago, Alfredo said:

Yes! I have a 10 gallon tank, with an aqeon filter for 10 gallon tanks! I was recommended to change his water every week, and I do partial changes (50% new water 50% old) as needed!

Okay well pets stores aren't that great with goldfish information.

This will really help ya. They n33d filters that will cycle the water at least 10 times an hour. That's most likely why the tank is cloudy.

I would also test your water. For ammonia, nitrites, nitrates and your ph. All of that is important. If you don't have a test kit. Most LFS's will test your water for free. Just make sure you ask them for the numbers, don't let them say it's in the norm. That doesn't help lol