Jump to content
fish10

New member, tank set up questions

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, koko said:

Your so welcome. Look at that tank. That is so stunning. Great work! 

Thanks! I had a lot of time to set it up while waiting for it to cycle. :) 

I really hope they are happy - it's been so fun watching them settle in and learning their personalities. I have noticed that when I feed them, they both eat about the same amount until there's only a little bit of food left. Then one of them seems to play "defense" and physically block and/or chase the smaller one away from the last bit of food. Is this normal/expected?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, fish10 said:

Thanks! I had a lot of time to set it up while waiting for it to cycle. :) 

I really hope they are happy - it's been so fun watching them settle in and learning their personalities. I have noticed that when I feed them, they both eat about the same amount until there's only a little bit of food left. Then one of them seems to play "defense" and physically block and/or chase the smaller one away from the last bit of food. Is this normal/expected?

Oh yes totally normal. They are playing. When they are young like them, they do that more often then the older ones.... Kinda like kittens playing around lol. 😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, koko said:

Oh yes totally normal. They are playing. When they are young like them, they do that more often then the older ones.... Kinda like kittens playing around lol. 😃

Ok, good to know! I'm glad that's the case, it almost seemed like one was "bullying" the other, because it's always the larger one chasing the smaller one. So I'm happy it's just young fish playing around!

They both love threading through the plant leaves, and the cutest thing is when they swim through the bubbles over and over again and "ride" them up like an elevator. I've seen one of them swim into the glass cups several times and hang out in there for a bit. Cracks me up. He could swim anywhere, but chooses to quarantine himself for a moment. :laugh:

Again, thank you for the information along the way, it has helped so much! 

IMG_20200810_205549.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is everything going now? Sure is a very nice tank 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, koko said:

How is everything going now? Sure is a very nice tank 😁

It's going really well! The water parameters have been stable. And I can't believe how fast they've grown in such a short amount of time! 

One still seems to "bully" the other during feeding time - aggressively chasing him away from the food. But not sure there's much I can do about that. 

Overall they are so much fun!

IMG_20200825_162720.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's great. Yes they grow big very fast that's why you need such a big tank! Try rearranging some of the ornaments and plants in the tank. That might help them stop fighting.👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
  • Create New...