ALGAE CARPET / MARIMO / HOW?

xenon

• Admin
4 hours ago, xenon said:

image.thumb.png.fd6181506897800d568293b196b6d886.pnghow do i achieve this... i want...

Wow! That would be hard to do with goldfish. They would eat that up before it could grow. IMO

Lol

10 hours ago, koko said:

Wow! That would be hard to do with goldfish. They would eat that up before it could grow. IMO

Lol

i’ve seen three videos of this type of carpet al of which we’re goldfish tanks. it looks to be a very hardy plant... the flowy version looks hard, i’m trying to accomplish this look.

8EB2CC18-434A-497A-BFB7-02A407668413.jpeg

• Admin
3 hours ago, xenon said:

i’ve seen three videos of this type of carpet al of which we’re goldfish tanks. it looks to be a very hardy plant... the flowy version looks hard, i’m trying to accomplish this look.

8EB2CC18-434A-497A-BFB7-02A407668413.jpeg

I kinda had that going. That's the green algae on the floor. You don't wipe it down just let it grow.

Right now my tank is the green swamp. Lol

• Helper

My goldies always snacked on marimo.  I think if you could cultivate it and THEN add the fish back you may have more luck, but goldfish are generally snacky and having a planted tank or substrate can make breeding projects and tank health more complex, which is why you see a lot of algae and tubs but generally here of decor and plants.