Sign in to follow this  
Amria

Hello, need some advice please

Hi, I was so happy to find this forum, I have two common goldfish I think? Lol not sure if one is a comet? (Larger fish Fred) We got Fred from the fair started off in a 25L tank me lil lad wanted him to have a buddy ūüôĄ so came home with violet from pets at home, after research upgraded them both to a 80L tank. All has been fine for about a year I found out through research Fred is a boy and he got breeding tubercles I was worried it was ich, but omg they chase eachother ruthlessly through the night my smaller goldfish violet is too young for breeding tubercles I think but I think she is a boy lol, they both display male breeding behaviour but as you can see she is missing so many scales now ūüėě sometimes Fred will force her down on the gravel but then she will start on him so I was just wondering is this normal? How long will this last, they eat well, pellets and various veg I'm just seeing more scales disappear on her and I'm freaking out ppl lol, getting scared it may be a medical issue?? Any advice would be great thankyou ūüôĆ

IMG_20200602_190453.jpg

IMG_20200602_190511.jpg

IMG_20200602_190435.jpg

IMG_20200602_190628.jpg

:hi and :welcome

Please copy & paste the following form and fill it out to the best of your ability when requesting help for Goldfish Problems:

Test Results for the Following:

Ammonia Level(Tank)

Nitrite Level(Tank)

Nitrate level(Tank)

Ammonia Level(Tap)

Nitrite Level(Tap)

Nitrate level(Tap)

Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)

Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)

Other Required Info:

Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops?

Water temperature?

Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running?

What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)?

How often do you change the water and how much?

How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change?

How many fish in the tank and their size?

What kind of water additives or conditioners?

What do you feed your fish and how often?

Any new fish added to the tank?

Any medications added to the tank?

List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment.

Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus?

Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.?

"If copy and paste doesn't work for you, quote this post and put your answers after each question."

On 6/4/2020 at 3:18 AM, koko said:

:hi and :welcome

Please copy & paste the following form and fill it out to the best of your ability when requesting help for Goldfish Problems:

Test Results for the Following:

Ammonia Level(Tank)

Nitrite Level(Tank)NO2 0

Nitrate level(Tank) NO3 40

Ammonia Level(Tap)

Nitrite Level(Tap)

Nitrate level(Tap)

Ph Level, Tank (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines) pH 7.0 KH 60 GH 180

Ph Level, Tap (If possible, KH, GH and chloramines)

Other Required Info:

Brand of test-kit used and whether strips or drops? API 5 In 1 test strips 

Water temperature? 21 degrees ( what I'm trying to keep it at when the weather warms the tank up too much)

Tank size (how many gals.) and how long has it been running? 80Litre tank been running since beginning of march 

What is the name and "size of the filter"(s)? Q116 aquarium pump, sting ray 25 litre filter ( I'm going to buy the up to 90litre stingray soon)

How often do you change the water and how much? As my filters are not the best every two days usually and usually always do 30% water change if I leave the tank abit longer like 5days I always do a 50% water change.

How many days ago was the last water change and how much did you change? 2 days ago 50% water change

How many fish in the tank and their size? 2 goldfish comet a little over 10cm and a common about 8cm in length

What kind of water additives or conditioners? I use love fish tap safe

What do you feed your fish and how often? They were on Aquarian pellets and veg like cucumber, peas an brocolli, recently changed to fluval goldfish sinking pellets and veg.

Any new fish added to the tank? No

Any medications added to the tank?no 

¬†List entire medication/treatment history for fish and tank.Please include salt, Prazi, PP, etc and the approximate time and duration of treatment. In the first tank¬† 24 litre when I only had our big comet from the fair I noticed there was something wrong with his top fin? It never came through all the way down his spine but doesn't seem to effect him. I thought I had rinsed the brand new gravel enough but had like a bacterial bloom and I noticed his fins started to receed everywhere ūüė≠ so used Gold disease safe medicine twice and his fins started to grow back ūüôĆ seems fine now, smaller fish had slight swim bladder fixed by feeding peas.

Any unusual findings on the fish such as "grains of salt," bloody streaks, frayed fins or fungus? I thought my big comet had ich but after research came to the conclusion he has breeding tubercles on his cheeks and front pectoral fins 

Any unusual behavior like staying at the bottom, not eating, etc.? They chill and sleep together during the day then at night chase eachother uproot all my plants and bash eachother around crazy.

"If copy and paste doesn't work for you, quote this post and put your answers after each question."

The first thing I can say is that the tank is to small. The fish are in a since fighting cause there isn't enough room. Fin issues are another sign the water isn't right.

I'm thinking if you upgraded the tank a lot of the issues would go away. ūüėĀ

Hi, thankyou so much for your replies ahh I see I thought 80 litres (21.1 us gallons) would be big enough for the two goldfish, I moved them from a 24litre (6.3 us gallons) tank which was much smaller to this one, I will have to look into upgrading again, will keep monitoring the water hopefully a larger tank will stop them fighting, I really thought this tank would be big enough?? ūüĎáthankyou again

20190928_193743.jpg

IMG_20200329_170509.jpg

IMG_20200329_170524.jpg

IMG_20200329_194843.jpg

IMG_20200404_201526.jpg

IMG_20200609_173853.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

√ó