Jump to content

where to get HIGH QUALITY thai RANCHU / LIONCHU / BUFFALOHEAD babies?


xenon

Recommended Posts

  • Regular Member

i want to begin my breeding journey, but it seems that there are no side view thai ranchu available online. the only ranchu babies i see for sale are from ranchu notes, and although they are beautiful they are unfortunately top view. i'm not looking for calico, just red and white :) if anybody could refer me to a facebook user / website that will sell me a batch of 8 (ish) high quality thai SVR i would be beyond grateful!

 

are there any other ways to approach this? if i simply got two ranchu (one female, one male) what are the chances they would breed / male is insterile / female is unwilling to breed?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Helper

Stalk Cynthia at East Coast Ranchu for the new ranchu babies.  They should be posted soon if they aren’t already, and you can always shoot her an email and ask approximately when she thinks a batch may be ready for sale.

There are other people, sure, but I’ve been super happy with my babies from her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member

 

20 minutes ago, Arctic Mama said:

Stalk Cynthia at East Coast Ranchu for the new ranchu babies.  They should be posted soon if they aren’t already, and you can always shoot her an email and ask approximately when she thinks a batch may be ready for sale.

There are other people, sure, but I’ve been super happy with my babies from her.

doesn't she only sell chinese calicos? O_O

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Helper

Nooooo?  She has tons of different fish, and plenty of Thai orandas and I believe her ranchu strains incorporate some of the Thai and Japanese lines as well.  She has different fish available at different times, but blues, red and whites, calicoes, black Ranchus, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member
12 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

Nooooo?  She has tons of different fish, and plenty of Thai orandas and I believe her ranchu strains incorporate some of the Thai and Japanese lines as well.  She has different fish available at different times, but blues, red and whites, calicoes, black Ranchus, etc.

er im sorry i meant her baby ranchu set. i'm only looking for thai baby ranchu, but she only sells the baby set in chinese calico. obviously she has many different types of ranchu juveniles but that would be more expensive right? if i wanted to start breeding i'm probs have to get at least 3 juvenile fish and the chances that they'll breed isn't guaranteed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Helper

Oh, that makes more sense.  If you want to go from babies, check out the for sale page on Goldfish Keepers, there are often folks there with batches available this time of the year.  I’ve gone with both Jeff and Gary through there with zero issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member
9 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

Oh, that makes more sense.  If you want to go from babies, check out the for sale page on Goldfish Keepers, there are often folks there with batches available this time of the year.  I’ve gone with both Jeff and Gary through there with zero issues.

alright, i've drafted my plan;

will get 3 thai ranchu from ECR, 2 male 1 female (or should it be 1 male 2 female?) groom them regularly until 3-4 months later in which i will (hopefully) find them breeding. of course i will encourage them through upping the water temp in very small increments and feeding very well. alongside this i will do 100% water changes every 3 days. what are the chances that one or a couple are insterile if i take this method? i will feed them bloodworms, azayaka pellets, duckweed, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Helper

Good luck :)  I don’t intentionally breed and don’t have a ton of personal experience with it, but good grooming and impeccable water keeping and tank management really does 90% of the work for you in trying to get healthy, happy fish to mate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...