Sign in to follow this  
adnan

Recommendation for a good goldfish book

Hello goldfish keepers!

Recently I am looking for a good book about fancy goldfish. Well the problem is that most of the books I’ve seen contain general information which is useful  for beginners. I need deeper knowledge/information especially regarding breeding, diseases. Could you recommend me any good book with deeper knowledge? I will appreciate any comment!

Thanks in advance!

Hmmm, good question.  I don’t personally ah e any goldfish books, though I’ve been eyeing the Kingyo one for years.  I’ve found the best goldfish knowledge on sites like Kokos, I’m not exaggerating.

I’ll be interested to see what others have to say on this :)

Thanks Arctic Mama, appreciate!

I did some research. There is one book “Fancy Goldfish “ written by vets- dr. Eric Johnson and Richard Hess. Good feedbacks and highly recommend but quite expensive. I am thinking to buy that particular book but first I would like to be sure that it contents deeper knowledge then most of goldfish books offer.  Did someone here read it and what is your opinion?

I have that book and I love it

On 5/11/2020 at 2:15 PM, adnan said:

Thanks Arctic Mama, appreciate!

I did some research. There is one book “Fancy Goldfish “ written by vets- dr. Eric Johnson and Richard Hess. Good feedbacks and highly recommend but quite expensive. I am thinking to buy that particular book but first I would like to be sure that it contents deeper knowledge then most of goldfish books offer.  Did someone here read it and what is your opinion?

That book is a very good book. Some information may be a little old but I personally think it's one of the best ones.

I actually know RIC Hess and did know of Dr. Johnson. Dr. Johnson ran a koi forum. I don't know if it's still going, but back in the day it was a great forum. 👍

On 5/11/2020 at 9:22 AM, adnan said:

Hello goldfish keepers!

Recently I am looking for a good book about fancy goldfish. Well the problem is that most of the books I’ve seen contain general information which is useful  for beginners. I need deeper knowledge/information especially regarding breeding, diseases. Could you recommend me any good book with deeper knowledge? I will appreciate any comment!

Thanks in advance!

Hello adman, interesting as this topic just came up last month . If you wish you can see reference to a few good books , go to the breeding section on this forum , fish Lady , and see pictograms books about the subject , I think was posted around 2 April. If you want more  detailed information let me know as I have a lot of good stuff now in digital form.

Thanks everyone, really appreciate 😃

Well, yesterday I bought online “Fancy goldfish “ by dr. Eric Johnson 👍🏻 The book itself is flipping expensive 😂😂, even the second hand ones but after all I think I did good investment. Next step is to buy a decent microscope. 
By the way, dr. Eric Johnson has some interesting and useful clips on YouTube.

6 hours ago, adnan said:

Thanks everyone, really appreciate 😃

Well, yesterday I bought online “Fancy goldfish “ by dr. Eric Johnson 👍🏻 The book itself is flipping expensive 😂😂, even the second hand ones but after all I think I did good investment. Next step is to buy a decent microscope. 
By the way, dr. Eric Johnson has some interesting and useful clips on YouTube.

I got a Microscope right before I got PG with Justine. I haven't used it since. I think once she's old enough not to break it Ill get it out and start up my videos. I was doing ones that where all about the critters in your tank water. Pretty scary :O

But get one they are so much fun and great to have on hand.

Finally I got the book “Fancy Goldfish “ by dr. Erik Johnson and Richard Hess. Really happy to have one of the most valuable book for goldfish! 

On 5/19/2020 at 12:47 PM, adnan said:

Finally I got the book “Fancy Goldfish “ by dr. Erik Johnson and Richard Hess. Really happy to have one of the most valuable book for goldfish! 

It is one of the best books to have on hand.