is my new ranchu of quality? :) is he normal or...?

xenon

not sure how old he is, but he’s about 2 inches in length. i’ve been wanting a ranchu for such a long time now and i finally got one on ebay for $26 USD. his tail isn’t symmetrical, wondering if it’ll grow into being symmetrical? he’s all orange, since he’s young he still has the potential to change color, correct? his head growth looks great, but one anal fin is shorter than the other. he swims perfectly fine and is very active, i love him to death. just wondering if he’ll grow up to be normal or if his conditions are already normal!! thank you! (first post)

073C66F6-5D1D-4B35-A992-218329A1480D.jpeg

80918BA9-A036-45A6-B608-94CCBDD72163.jpeg

D53F0918-00C0-4FB3-B4DE-68F2D107534A.jpeg

• Helper

He’s a fine pet grade ranchu, you may have overpaid a little if that price doesn’t include shipping, but if he is healthy and you think he is cute it’s all good!  The slightly asymmetrical fins and spine bumps and such are not a big deal for quality of life at all :)

Some goldfish have only one or even no anal fins, it doesn’t seem to make a bit of difference.

Thank you so  much! I love him, do you think he will change colors any time soon? His tail peduncle is a bit bumpy, do you think it'll become more round in the future? I got him for 26 bucks including shipping :)

• Admin
On 4/29/2020 at 6:58 PM, xenon said:

Thank you so  much! I love him, do you think he will change colors any time soon? His tail peduncle is a bit bumpy, do you think it'll become more round in the future? I got him for 26 bucks including shipping :)

He might change colors. You really dont know what color they might end of being. Food, environment and there genetics all play a part in there colors. I think the fish will get more rounder. Most Ranchu's do. :) 

11 hours ago, koko said:

He might change colors. You really dont know what color they might end of being. Food, environment and there genetics all play a part in there colors. I think the fish will get more rounder. Most Ranchu's do. :) 

thank you! i just am worried bc i hope he's not a full lionhead, he definitely has early wen growth and the straight straight back. i'm hoping he turns out to look something like the first image but maybe with a few imperfections. :)image.thumb.png.eb8535feb3abe7407d80740c911a02b8.png

image.png.a29b205dbf66d1b14a94720cfb4bc930.png

• Helper

He will look more like the second image, because his tail isn’t tucked enough to have the shape of the first . But his body will definitely get a little plumper and deeper, don’t worry about that!

• Admin
On 5/7/2020 at 10:02 AM, Arctic Mama said:

He will look more like the second image, because his tail isn’t tucked enough to have the shape of the first . But his body will definitely get a little plumper and deeper, don’t worry about that!

I agree. More like a lionhead.