Goldfish being chased....ALOT!!

Jeana727

I have a White Oranda that was added to my tank in December! There are 3 other goldies in the 90 gallon tank. The problem is the other goldfish seem to want to chase her(?) constantly!!  I occasionally place her in a holding net thingy to give her a break. Is there anything I can do to discourage the chasing or is she just irresistible? I have lots of live plants & decent hiding places. It must exhaust her....it sure does me just watching!

• Helper

It’s mating season, the chasing is normal behavior in spring :)

You can use a colander floated in the tank to give her a break, or a breeding net.

So will this pass after awhile. I place her in the breeding net to give her (& ME) a break from the chasing.  I occasionally let her back out but the chasing starts up right away. Or should I just let the chase go on?

Well lucky you !! Some of us have to do all sorts of things to try to get them going and just do it. Am so glad that my bunch are at “it” again. 

• Admin
3 hours ago, mikroll said:

Well lucky you !! Some of us have to do all sorts of things to try to get them going and just do it. Am so glad that my bunch are at “it” again. 

Mine where breeding like every week till this last fall. They got sick now they won't :( 

Be on the lookout for eggs! :)

I got one of my female butterfly telescope in January, since then my male has been chasing her! He leaves the other two females alone, he only wants her. They have already given me some babies :heart

20200131_163908.thumb.jpg.9a9c0d31a6bc70151c16b54445e0674e.jpg755724705_20200419_015437(2).thumb.jpg.9e56b0d774b811ae4b5c0bc6e75bb769.jpg

• Admin

The color combinations are going to be amazing

On 4/22/2020 at 5:07 PM, The Fish Lady said:

Be on the lookout for eggs! :)

I got one of my female butterfly telescope in January, since then my male has been chasing her! He leaves the other two females alone, he only wants her. They have already given me some babies :heart

20200131_163908.thumb.jpg.9a9c0d31a6bc70151c16b54445e0674e.jpg755724705_20200419_015437(2).thumb.jpg.9e56b0d774b811ae4b5c0bc6e75bb769.jpg

.The color combinations are going to be amazing.