What's one good thing that happened to you today?

Acro

List one good thing that happened to you today.  :)

It can could be something huge, or just a simple happy moment.

I'll start:  

I sat down on the couch, my cat sat next to me.  He reached out his paw just to rest it on my leg.  A simple sweet touch.   :heart

Today my Aquaponics stuff was delivered!  :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I got two 4'x4' grow beds, two 80 gallon sump tanks and 10 bags of expanded clay pebbles!  

I already have the two 160 gallon stock tanks and I laid everything out tonight.  It looks great and it's going to be so beautiful!

Today, I got to talk to my lil' cousin on the phone. 

He is 19 and doesn't really have a Mother or Father in his life (just his Grandmother who is deep into her dementia, alzheimer's, hoarding and paranoia, so she isn't always much help.  I try and be there for him and I was relieved to hear how he is doing well mentally, and financially.  Most importantly, I was glad to hear that he wasn't scared.  We agreed to make contact once a week (normally we talk once or twice a month).

What good thing happened for you today?

• Admin

I woke up yesterday morning with my little one sitting on the couch with my buddy kitty on her lap. I was so happy to see this as he doesn't trust her. She has chased, yelled, and even squished him to many times in the past. To see them loving each other was great.

Oh and I made rye bread for the first time. It was so so good. The only problem is I forgot to get more yeast before this whole government grounding business. So I will have to wait to make more. Lol

0324201320.jpg

Funny how it looks like a body part. Lol

11 hours ago, koko said:

I made rye bread for the first time. 

I LOVE baking bread!  I always feel so accomplished after making bread from scratch.  It always seems to magical how simple ingredients can become a delicious loaf of bread!  

Today me and the Girlfriend went for a long walk on River Street.  It's a very famous street here in Savannah, GA.  Very beautiful, right on the river with historic old buildings on the other side.  It was so quiet, but so beautiful!  Here is a photo just so you get an idea (photo is not mine):

GettyImages-549564553.jpg

• Admin

That's so beautiful. I would love to stroll that at night too, if I lived there. 👍

I watched my daughter make a grilled cheese sandwich. It was to cool to see. Also she sorted my Landry. 😲 where did my little one go.

On 3/28/2020 at 12:05 PM, koko said:

I watched my daughter make a grilled cheese sandwich. It was to cool to see. Also she sorted my Landry. where did my little one go.

She is still your little one!  lol  It's wonderful that she is learning how to take care of herself (and others) . . . some kids don't get to learn those skills . . .

Yesterday's good thing was getting to eat some delicious Buffalo Chicken Dip (put into a sandwich) that my girlfriend made!!!  It's amazing, just enough spice, with that creamy cheese!

Today I had to ship out some packages and I was able to go by the USPS and see my Postal Worker friends!  

They installed plastic shields for them, in front of their computers, so people can't cough all over them.  Such a super idea!

So who else has one (or several) good thing(s) happen today?  :)

• Admin
On 4/6/2020 at 5:46 PM, Acro said:

Got my 625 gallon tank today . . . soon to be my Aquaponic Garage Pond!  

That's awesome. 👍

I woke up to a birds nest on the back of my house. 

0407201911a.jpg

0407201911.jpg