Sign in to follow this  
SGcvn69

Fungal Treatment?

I am literally seeing no what stuff on the black ranchu! No dots, no slime! Temp was around 73 and today we got up to 70 outside so it went up to 75/76 in the tank! They are happy and swimming around! Will do another 50% water change I’m Sat with one final dose of the ich meds just in case! 

Ok, so update! I went to change the water and do the last ich treatment and dummy me forgot to unplug the heater and it fell out and broke! AHHH!!! I ran out and got another, but I don't think I can adjust the temperature on this one! I put it in anyway because I didn't feel like running back out for a new one. The oranda still has a spot on its wen. I'll check the water temp in a bit to see if it went up. It's supposed to go up 3-6 degrees. 

If there is still an ich spot you need to keep running the treatment.  At least 3 days after the last spot.  I’m sorry about the heater breaking!  As long as it’s between 74-82° you should be in the happy zone for treatment.  Warmer is better, but too warm and it’s hard to keep the water oxygenated enough.  So if they’re listless or gasping it’s too warm.

It’s definitely not warm enough with the new heater. I will be picking up a different one today after the orchid show I’m working at. I really liked those old heaters too! They were tiny, but alas...Glass! Oh well...will keep an eye on them! I see a few more spots on the Iranda this morning. 😕 Ranchu is looking good, but this will probably set them back!

Update: Even though the black ranchu looked a ton better, I think the heat issue must've did something as it passed away yesterday. Knew something was wrong in the AM when I went to feed them and it didn't want food... :'( The oranda is looking OK so far....

Huh.  That’s a really odd turn, I’m sorry!  Can you check their tank water chemistry and let’s make sure it isn’t doing anything weird?

2 hours ago, Arctic Mama said:

Huh.  That’s a really odd turn, I’m sorry!  Can you check their tank water chemistry and let’s make sure it isn’t doing anything weird?

Right? I didn't think of that. Will do that when I get home...