Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vaughn auzenne

My pearlscale can not seem to float

Guest Vaughn auzenne

I have a pearlscale goldfish and it seems to not be able to float it will swim around and then when it stops it falls right down to the bottom. I fasted it for 2 days ,I am feeding it a few peas now . It has actually been hanging out at the bottom of it's original 80 gallon sometimes all day but when it is time to eat it would get up . Now I have it in a medical tank. It does not flip upside down or anything like that. It is very stable but when it is not moving it's fins to swim it falls right to the bottom

On 3/2/2020 at 10:42 PM, Guest Vaughn auzenne said:

I have a pearlscale goldfish and it seems to not be able to float it will swim around and then when it stops it falls right down to the bottom. I fasted it for 2 days ,I am feeding it a few peas now . It has actually been hanging out at the bottom of it's original 80 gallon sometimes all day but when it is time to eat it would get up . Now I have it in a medical tank. It does not flip upside down or anything like that. It is very stable but when it is not moving it's fins to swim it falls right to the bottom

Most likely the swim bladder has an infection. Best thing is a shallow tank and if it was me I would us Metro or Silver to help fix this.

Is the fish really trying to eat?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this