Sign in to follow this  
Ms.Jenny

My New 100 Gallon Setup!

Hi all! :)

My aquarium was delivered last week and I finally got everything mostly situated. Still waiting on my new filters to arrive, they shipped today thankfully! I’m currently running my two Fluval 206’s from my 29 gallon which are doing a surprisingly good job keeping parameters in check and the water clear. I’ll be upgrading to two Fluval 407’s with spray bars which will put me around 7.5x total turnover per hour. It will also look a bit better since I didn’t spend a lot of time cleaning and positioning the intakes and outputs since it’s only temporary.

My fish Mama loves her new friends and everyone is getting along great! Can’t wait to get another fish soon. :D I’ve been spending a crazy amount of time watching the tank, it’s so relaxing!

I also want to recommend TruVu aquariums to anyone considering a new tank. They have been wonderful to work with and the aquarium and stand they built are so gorgeous!

18050349-BFE9-4440-832E-127FE1333267.jpeg

Wow it looks amazing!

WOW! That is quite a tank!

It doesn't look like a 100 gallon tank to me cause Im used to see the black boarders. Thats just a great looking tank.

Are you going to add more plants? 

Thanks Koko! It looks smaller since it’s only 48 inches long, but it’s actually 24 inches wide as well. :) 

I think I’m good with the plants and layout for now, but plan on getting another fish soon! I think a calico butterfly. Can’t wait! 

Super Beautiful!!!

Send me a PM and I'll give you my address on where to ship the tank, plants and fish.  ;)

How did I miss this?  It is gorgeous!!!

On 3/4/2020 at 5:00 PM, Acro said:

Super Beautiful!!!

Send me a PM and I'll give you my address on where to ship the tank, plants and fish.  ;)

😂😂

Stealing tanks now 😶

Stealing?!?!  Not at all!  

This was a "give away" post right?  I was simply trying to help Ms.Jenny rehome that laborious and cumbersome aquarium.  I'm sure she wouldn't mind covering shipping too.  ;)  :P

But seriously, it's a beauty!  

2 hours ago, Acro said:

Stealing?!?!  Not at all!  

This was a "give away" post right?  I was simply trying to help Ms.Jenny rehome that laborious and cumbersome aquarium.  I'm sure she wouldn't mind covering shipping too.  ;)  :P

But seriously, it's a beauty!  

No no.....it says "my new 100 gallon setup", not "Giving new 100 gallon setup".  😅

That tank is awesome, that's like a dream tank.

That tank looks really clean looking.

18 hours ago, colley614 said:

That tank looks really clean looking.

On of those you could sit and watch all day. 👍

56 minutes ago, koko said:

On of those you could sit and watch all day.

When it's in my house . . . 

Does anyone remember Alicia who had the big 8 foot tank full of anubis?

2 hours ago, Acro said:

When it's in my house . . . 

😆

2 hours ago, colley614 said:

Kinda.....my mind has cob webs lol

52 minutes ago, koko said:

😆

Kinda.....my mind has cob webs lol

I only ask as this tank reminds me of hers. 

10 hours ago, colley614 said:

Are her photos posted in our forum?

9 hours ago, Acro said:

Are her photos posted in our forum?

There you go!

3 hours ago, colley614 said:

There you go!

Oh Lis.tank, yes I remember her tank! 

34 minutes ago, koko said:

Oh Lis.tank, yes I remember her tank! 

I really loved her tank. I would love to do something similar in future with all that anubia

4 hours ago, colley614 said:

There you go!

Thanks, it is quite lovely!  

I had something kinda like that once, all anubias, but of different species:

full

I'd like to do something like that again, just without the gravel (maybe sand), and only with wood.

I loves those plants. Right now I have just two ferns attached to the glass. Zac will get upset if I take the one she loves so much.

Acro makes the most awesome Anubias plant decorations. 👍

I'd love to see some anubia inspiration. I'd like to make a raft of anubia and maybe a few terracotta pots with plants capped with pea gravel 

3 hours ago, koko said:

I loves those plants. Right now I have just two ferns attached to the glass. Zac will get upset if I take the one she loves so much.

Acro makes the most awesome Anubias plant decorations.

Your ferns are attached to the glass?  Like rooted onto the glass?

I haven't sold any rooted Anubias for a long time (actually I wasn't even growing any for a while) but now I've got 2 in the works!  I'm hoping to offer them on our forum in the next few months . . . but as you know, they are famous for their slow growth!  

1 hour ago, colley614 said:

I'd love to see some anubia inspiration. I'd like to make a raft of anubia and maybe a few terracotta pots with plants capped with pea gravel 

I wish I had saved photos of all the Rooted Anubias I've sold.  I've grown them on wood, rocks, and aquarium décor, but after they sold, I'd always delete the photos.  I wonder if anyone still has the plants I shipped them years ago!)?  

Please tell more about your Anubias Raft idea, it sounds cool!

14 hours ago, Acro said:

Your ferns are attached to the glass?  Like rooted onto the glass?

I haven't sold any rooted Anubias for a long time (actually I wasn't even growing any for a while) but now I've got 2 in the works!  I'm hoping to offer them on our forum in the next few months . . . but as you know, they are famous for their slow growth!  

I wish I had saved photos of all the Rooted Anubias I've sold.  I've grown them on wood, rocks, and aquarium décor, but after they sold, I'd always delete the photos.  I wonder if anyone still has the plants I shipped them years ago!)?  

Please tell more about your Anubias Raft idea, it sounds cool!

I was thinking of getting a large piece of driftwood and adding loads of anubia nano to it. For an idea of what I have in mind do an internet search for raft style bonsai. 

On 3/29/2020 at 3:16 AM, colley614 said:

I was thinking of getting a large piece of driftwood and adding loads of anubia nano to it. For an idea of what I have in mind do an internet search for raft style bonsai. 

Just be careful of logs and Goldfish. If there are any spots where water can get in but not out easily, the log will hold stagnate water. This could result in some kind of bacterial infection. 😶