Sign in to follow this  
Tahnelly

Goldfish won’t grow

I’m not sure why but my fish seem to have stayed the same size for the last year I’ve have them. Very slow growth. I feed regularly and keep the temp at about 70... is there something I’m doing wrong? 

What size tank?

Sometimes it seems to be genetics related. I have a couple of fish that just haven't grown despite getting the exact same treatment as my other fish which have grown wonderfully.

What do you feed them and how much?

I’ve been feeding them a low grade fish food about two to three times a day. I was going to switch to a high grade food when the low grade runs out

The more information you give us, the better we can help.  For example, what foods do you feed, how often do you feed and how much, how often do you change the water, what type of filtration, what temperature are the fish kept at?  There are many factors that play into growth rate. 

Also, there is no need to wait till the low grade food runs out, you can get the better food and feed both at the same time.  Actually, it's great to have several different types of food.  I think I had about 8 different types of commercial food I used to feed, plus gel food I made myself and treats like veggies and bugs and such.

Also, welcome to the forum!  :D