New Goldfish

SGcvn69

Hey guys! Look what I found at my lfs yesterday!  I am not sure what they are, but they were all sold as the same thing. Fancy goldfish! They were so cute!  Sorry for the blurry photo, but that was all I could get! 

88D5DAC5-D6E6-416F-9F27-2FE0E02D8498.jpeg

• Admin
13 hours ago, SGcvn69 said:

Hey guys! Look what I found at my lfs yesterday!  I am not sure what they are, but they were all sold as the same thing. Fancy goldfish! They were so cute!  Sorry for the blurry photo, but that was all I could get! 

88D5DAC5-D6E6-416F-9F27-2FE0E02D8498.jpeg

Wow that's a nice black Ranchu. I had one like that years ago. I wonder if its a Tvr or Svr.

Wow! I have never seen one! Had no idea! I had to get one when I saw them! Not sure what you look for in a good quality one, but I tried to pick one that didn't have too bumpy of a top[line and not too elongated. What does TVR and SVR mean? I know they get their fish from Florida.

• Admin
1 hour ago, SGcvn69 said:

Wow! I have never seen one! Had no idea! I had to get one when I saw them! Not sure what you look for in a good quality one, but I tried to pick one that didn't have too bumpy of a top[line and not too elongated. What does TVR and SVR mean? I know they get their fish from Florida.

The the stands for Top view Ranchu and svr stands for Side view Ranchu.

Tvrs are more commonly found and raised in China and Japan. Tvrs are to be viewed in large bowls in which they raise there goldfish, especially in past.

Svrs are ment to be seen from the side. Most 🇺🇸 fish are these kinds. You can find tvrs here but are less common.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranchu

40 minutes ago, koko said:

The the stands for Top view Ranchu and svr stands for Side view Ranchu.

Tvrs are more commonly found and raised in China and Japan. Tvrs are to be viewed in large bowls in which they raise there goldfish, especially in past.

Svrs are ment to be seen from the side. Most 🇺🇸 fish are these kinds. You can find tvrs here but are less common.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranchu

Ahh! I really like top view! He/she has a cute little waggle when it swims LOL

• Admin
21 hours ago, SGcvn69 said:

So this little guy has no wen on its head....now that I am reading this wiki article! Is it still a ranchu?

That would be our run of the mill average Ranchu. The Web should cover the whole head..... Like Goldfish.

1009190827a.jpg

1009190825a.jpg

• Admin

Now if goldfish was a tvr his wen would look more box shaped. Meaning going more out ward in the front jaw area... Kinda hard to explain. Lol

Goldfish is your svr ranchu.

1 hour ago, koko said:

That would be our run of the mill average Ranchu. The Web should cover the whole head..... Like Goldfish.

1009190827a.jpg

1009190825a.jpg

Gah! He's so fat and cute! LOL! 

1 hour ago, koko said:

Now if goldfish was a tvr his wen would look more box shaped. Meaning going more out ward in the front jaw area... Kinda hard to explain. Lol

Goldfish is your svr ranchu.

Gotcha! Oh well...it's still cute w/o a wen! 

• Admin
22 hours ago, SGcvn69 said:

Gotcha! Oh well...it's still cute w/o a wen! 

You should get it if you can. Sometimes the wen comes in late, but it will not be a big wen though.

9 minutes ago, koko said:

You should get it if you can. Sometimes the wen comes in late, but it will not be a big wen though.

I did, I picked out one with the least bumpy back and with a short enough body that it didn't look too long. :) It's so cute! 

• Admin
23 hours ago, SGcvn69 said:

I did, I picked out one with the least bumpy back and with a short enough body that it didn't look too long. :) It's so cute! 

Oh I would love to see 💘.

• Admin
On 2/7/2020 at 9:29 AM, SGcvn69 said:

It's the one pictured above! ;) 

I think he's going to be a svr with low wen. Give the wen sometime there are foods to claim to make there wen grow but I really don't know if they work. 😒