The Moor

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...

In the past a long time ago I used to buy Black Moors, but they never lived long :( The other kinds of gloldfish that I'd buy lived a long time. I really love the black moor goldfish but I'd be scared to try one again...I don't know :idont

I also had a black moor that didn't live long, but I blamed myself for this. I bought him from petco and he seemed healthy. He was one of two new fish going into my planted tank. I didn't qt him, but he needed it. He fell ill a week after and I treated him in a QT for nearly four weeks until he passed soon after being introduced back into the main tank. When I went back to the same store all the fish in his old tank displayed the same symptoms he did. An immediate qt and treatment may have saved him. Learned my lesson though. I really want my second tank to be a black moor tank. Bare bottom, large pond rocks, and anubias.

Edited by marka83

• 2 months later...

My first fish is Wilhem Blackmoor the 3rd - he is of royal family (not really, just from the local petshop). I fell in love with the blackmoor when I first saw them. Was tank browsing in a local petshop as me and my GF decided to get fish (being allergic to everything else made it an easy choice), when we fell on these little funny looking fish with big long tails! I wanted that!

So a few weeks passed and we finally bought a tank, had it cycled (though not long enough and it was way too small), and I got my Blackmoor :) Named him Wilhem and he weighted 8 grams. That was in February - now 7 months later he is 72 grams and just the boss of the tank! Loads of breeding stars and he looks so grumpy all the time! Love love him. He is my mascot for my account here, on YouTube and Instagram :) That is how much I love him.

Here is a recent picture:

20140930_191524.jpg

Love the tail - it is BIG!

Oh good

I'm not the only one who had bad luck with moors :lol3

I trybut never seem to get a healthy one :wall: my current one goes in and out of fin rot boughts a lot At least he helps me keep my meds stocked

Edit : and those posts are from July :rofl

Edited by Gustave