Sign in to follow this  
Endorite

Plecos are dying on me!

I have two decently sized goldfish in a 65 gallon tank. Over the past three months I’ve gotten 4 rubberlip Plecos and each time they have died the longest lasting one lived about two and a half weeks. I checked the water levels and temperature before and after each Pleco, but I don’t see any reason they should be dying. My goldies can be pretty curious about new tank mates, but I have multiple hiding places that they can’t get into for the new Plecos to hide in if they want to. Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong? 

On 12/7/2019 at 9:25 PM, Endorite said:

I have two decently sized goldfish in a 65 gallon tank. Over the past three months I’ve gotten 4 rubberlip Plecos and each time they have died the longest lasting one lived about two and a half weeks. I checked the water levels and temperature before and after each Pleco, but I don’t see any reason they should be dying. My goldies can be pretty curious about new tank mates, but I have multiple hiding places that they can’t get into for the new Plecos to hide in if they want to. Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong? 

Post a photo of the tank and also your water parameters.

Agreed, this sounds like a water chemistry or temperature issue, if you can give us more details and some pictures of the animals in question we may be able to troubleshoot more effectively.