Jump to content

Dandy Orandas auction is OPEN again!!!


Acro

Recommended Posts

  • Regular Member

In reply to my topic here:  https://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/topic/128887-dandy-orandas-closed/?tab=comments#comment-2038855

Dandy Orandas is open again!  Check out their website!   (and there is an auction going on right now 11/16/2019 at 11:08pm EST!)  

Someone buy me this one:

DSC5628.jpg

DSC5672.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member

I wonder what changed to bring him back.  I'm tempted to email him . . . 

 

Edited by Acro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • Regular Member

Here is an update from Dandy Oranda's website:

 

EVERYTHING MUST GO!!!

ONLY three more auctions before I cease operations until further notice. The LAST auction will be January 24th.

Based on my typical imports, tariffs have added nearly $100/day to my overhead. I just don't have that kind of money, and will not continue all this hard work just to pay taxes. Therefore, I am suspending imports until we get back to reasonable trade relations. It's unfortunate because Dandy Orandas has been bringing American customers fish that simply don't exist outside of China for over three decades. That's required unique relationships with friends and associates in China that have evolved over many years. Without those connections many of these fish would have never been available. It's especially frustrating because I had an incredibly nice and varied selection of fish that were collected over last summer and fall for a shipment that was scheduled for December. I hate to not have new fish, but made the decision to cancel that shipment in November. Some of those fish were very unique varieties that are only found in certain regions in China. There were a few types that I've never had before, and I was very excited to bring them to my customers here in the USA..

Anyway, I will be moving forward with a new project in February, and need to blow out all the current fish and shut everything down. So, you'll see some of my best deals ever, with all fish starting below cost. If you've always wanted a Dandy Orandas fish, don't miss this opportunity. After this month, there will be no more auctions until further notice.

Thanks to everyone for your support over these many years.

Please continue to support me by buying the best food for your goldfish...Super Gold. Use the link at the top right for size options, including my Exclusive One Pound Bag, and Bulk Bonus sizes.

regards,
Ken
PS Coming soon....Goldfish Across America Tour!!!

https://www.dandyorandas.com/auction-list/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member

 

And today, he posted this update:

GOLDFISH ACROSS AMERICA TOUR!!!

Dandy Orandas has customers in every state of the USA. I know some quite well and consider many of you to be friends at this point. I've had an idea for nearly 20 years that it would be great to actually meet many of you in person someday. I've always had fish here though, so it's been nearly impossible to leave, even for a day. The decision to forego imports due to tariffs provides the freedom to finally make my idea happen.

I plan on doing a tour of the Southern Half of the USA, starting in late February. That will include stops at various locations to talk goldfish, with video interviews of people, their setups, their fish, etc.. I already have several interesting places and people lined up, but am inviting everyone out there to possibly be a part of the tour. There is still a lot of planning ...exact locations, timing, etc., but I hope to piece those details together in the upcoming weeks.

The pic below is a rough sketch of my tentative route. It is not exact, and there will likely be some deviation, but I don't plan on being in the north half of the USA at this time.

Anyway, if you would be interested in having me stop by your area, I'd love to see everyone I can during this tour. And, you don't have to be an old customer...I hope to meet lots of new people too! If interested and close to my route, please email me with some basic info....

1. Your location
2. A little about yourself and your fish hobby. How you got started, etc.
3. Quick description of your setup/s
4. If you'd be willing to be part of a quick video interview with your fish.
5. Any other thoughts you'd like to share, including points of interest in your area. Fish related places would be great, but I haven't traveled much, so would be interested in most any points of interest along the way.

Please send email to...

goldfishtour@dandyorandas.com

I hope to make this informative and interesting, as well as lots of fun! It will be hard to visit everyone, but I hope to see as many people as possible. It's going to be me and my three kids (rescue dogs) in an old RV for about three months. That alone should be interesting!

See you soon?

cheers,
Ken

initial_route_concept.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member
8 hours ago, koko said:

Oh man... I live so far up north in Oregon.. I would love love to met Ken. I have admired him for years and never said hello :( 

Is there a ~ * ROAD TRIP * ~ in your future?  :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
17 hours ago, Acro said:

Is there a ~ * ROAD TRIP * ~ in your future?  :D

Maybe depends on other things like a trip to visit my 90 year old Grandpa :yikes Justine has never met them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Regular Member

Friday, January 24th at 08:00 PM EST, (tomorrow, as I write this) is the LAST AUCTION for DANDY ORANDAS!  

I'm excited and sad, both at the same time!

Help Dandy Orandas go out with a BANG!  Get yourself an amazing fish or two!

Tell everyone you know

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member

Did anyone bid on Dandy Orandas last auction? 

I know the auction just ended but I'm excited to know the results!

I especially want to know who got this Chunk of a Goldfish that is 11" and the size of a football!

DSC3832.jpg

Post up and let us know if you bid!  Even if you didn't get any fish. 

But if you did win a fish, we want photos when it arrives!!!  :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
  • Regular Member

I've been hoping Dandy Orandas would come back, but so far, I haven't heard a peep.  I even emailed him earlier this year.  I asked if he would be getting goldfish again, and if he was able to take his "Goldfish Across America Tour" with COVID in affect, but I never got a reply.  The website is up, like he is ready to start selling again, but there is never an update or any changes.

https://www.dandyorandas.com/

Do you have any news, updates or information? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
39 minutes ago, Acro said:

I've been hoping Dandy Orandas would come back, but so far, I haven't heard a peep.  I even emailed him earlier this year.  I asked if he would be getting goldfish again, and if he was able to take his "Goldfish Across America Tour" with COVID in affect, but I never got a reply.  The website is up, like he is ready to start selling again, but there is never an update or any changes.

https://www.dandyorandas.com/

Do you have any news, updates or information? 

Yeah I just went over there and I looks like its open. :thumbup2: Even reviews that are recent.

I haven't heard anything. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member
13 hours ago, koko said:

Yeah I just went over there and I looks like its open. Even reviews that are recent.

I haven't heard anything.

It looks exactly like it did when he closed . . . I haven't seen any auctions.  I'll check this weekend.  Where did you find recent reviews?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
35 minutes ago, Acro said:

It looks exactly like it did when he closed . . . I haven't seen any auctions.  I'll check this weekend.  Where did you find recent reviews?

On his selling page for food. It's the only thing I can see that is active. :( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member
On 4/27/2021 at 1:26 PM, koko said:

On his selling page for food. It's the only thing I can see that is active.

Yeah, he has been selling food the whole time, just not fish.  This is what his website says about it:

Please buy SUPER GOLD here, and continue to support Dandy Orandas during this break in fish sales.

I've had several people ask if I'll still be selling SUPER GOLD once fish sales cease. The answer is YES!...and without fish to sell, truthfully I will need all the support I can get! While you can buy SUPER GOLD from sites like Amazon, I don't get a penny from those sales, so I ask that you please buy from me on this site. You won't find it any cheaper anywhere else, and I also have a couple exclusive size offerings not found elsewhere. Most important, I feel that this is the absolute best food you can feed fancy goldfish. I've fed nothing else for nearly three years now, and have had amazing results. I'll be releasing a couple videos about SUPER GOLD soon, with tips on making it, and info about the benefits of it over foods out there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
On 4/30/2021 at 9:00 PM, Acro said:

Yeah, he has been selling food the whole time, just not fish.  This is what his website says about it:

Please buy SUPER GOLD here, and continue to support Dandy Orandas during this break in fish sales.

I've had several people ask if I'll still be selling SUPER GOLD once fish sales cease. The answer is YES!...and without fish to sell, truthfully I will need all the support I can get! While you can buy SUPER GOLD from sites like Amazon, I don't get a penny from those sales, so I ask that you please buy from me on this site. You won't find it any cheaper anywhere else, and I also have a couple exclusive size offerings not found elsewhere. Most important, I feel that this is the absolute best food you can feed fancy goldfish. I've fed nothing else for nearly three years now, and have had amazing results. I'll be releasing a couple videos about SUPER GOLD soon, with tips on making it, and info about the benefits of it over foods out there.

Well thats right. Hummm I wonder too. :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Regular Member

My last conversation with Ken went something like this. He stated that the Trump administration placed tariffs on the Chinese government which made it impossible for him to import fish and make his cost reasonable to the customer. He stated he was going to suspend operations until things changed. Well there is a new administration in place now but not sure if those tariffs have lifted or not. If he was to sell fish again he would be the only one I would purchase  imports again from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
14 hours ago, spider man said:

My last conversation with Ken went something like this. He stated that the Trump administration placed tariffs on the Chinese government which made it impossible for him to import fish and make his cost reasonable to the customer. He stated he was going to suspend operations until things changed. Well there is a new administration in place now but not sure if those tariffs have lifted or not. If he was to sell fish again he would be the only one I would purchase  imports again from.

Oh yes I remember this. You know I totally understand is view and it overly sucks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...