Duckweed?

Endorite

I’m looking to get some duckweed in a separate tank to use as treats for my goldies. However, I only have two 5 gallon tanks (besides my main 65 gal) and I’m not sure if a tank this size will be good for duckweed since I’ve been told it grows rapidly. Someone also said it would be a good idea to add a few smaller fish with the duckweed but never said what type and I’m not familiar enough with small fish to make an educated decision. Does anyone else grow duckweed like this who could help?

- another option I’m considering is just putting some in my tank, but since I have three decently sized Goldie’s I’m afraid it wouldn’t last no matter How fast it grows...

I never used fish to grow with duckweed, I use old tank water (source of minerals and nutrients) and some aquatic plant fertilizer.  I feed a cupful of duckweed daily, so it's not too small if you feed duckweed pretty regularly.  It's likely once your goldfish gets a taste for duckweed, none will last in your tank!