Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

Biggest Wen Zit Ever

I came home today, and saw Shy Starlight had a HUGE bump on his wen.

The pictures don't show just how raised this thing is! He has had "zits" on his wen before, but never like this.

Is there anything I should do for this, or should I just leave it be?

Jessica

post-10-1083345654.jpg

Wen zits are so gross looking :scared I would assume it's fine, he's just really getting ready to "pop" out some more head!! I'm no expert with wens though, cuz I only have one oranda and one lionhead, and neither of them have EVER grown any more wen, one of the fish has a white "film" that's hardly noticeable, so maybe she's starting it up! Either way, just like everything else, I'd just keep an eye on it. Good luck girl.

Cute fish by the way, such a sweet face!

Erika

Edited by errrika1979

jess,

i never knew that zits on a growing wen are somewhat normal. maybe a little topical antibiotic could help. im sure that it wouldnt be too invasive either.

anyway, he sure is a looker! what a face! :wub:

Ohhh....that fish has the sweetest face ever!!!

I have one oranda that has a very large wen, and her wen zits also are very large. Once she got a wen infection (I assumed it was bacterial, and must have been right because I treated with maracyn and medi-gold and was able to cure her) The way I noticed that it was infection and not just wen growth is the fact that she started losing her wen...it literally began falling away and was white and stringy looking.

You're right....just keep a close eye on shy starlight....

thank you everyone :D Toothless, I may dab it with peroxide on a q-tip so I don't get any in his eye or gills if it starts looking worse.

I will keep an eye on it for now. He has gotten these before, but never one so huge and purplish. And it showed up within an hour, kind of freaked me out! :blink:

Jessica