Sign in to follow this  
goldfishnewbie

Stunted Fish Growth

If a common goldfish was previously stunted (it is 3 inches at 1.5 years old), how much bigger do you think it would grow if I place it in a sufficient tank? Will it not grow at all, grow some, or grow to its full size?

Guest goldfishnewbie

I need to know this to know about any tank upgrades in the future, so if you look at this, please help! I am inexperienced and running on a very limited budget, as I am only a teen and have to do this without parents’ help/funding, because my little goldfish baby was won by a friend at a carnival. I need your (non judgemental) advice and tips on my common’s new secondhand 20 gallon and everything about him. Thanks so much all!

23 hours ago, goldfishnewbie said:

If a common goldfish was previously stunted (it is 3 inches at 1.5 years old), how much bigger do you think it would grow if I place it in a sufficient tank? Will it not grow at all, grow some, or grow to its full size?

I wouldn't say he's stunted, just growing slow. I would update to a 20 long tank.

15 hours ago, Guest goldfishnewbie said:

I need to know this to know about any tank upgrades in the future, so if you look at this, please help! I am inexperienced and running on a very limited budget, as I am only a teen and have to do this without parents’ help/funding, because my little goldfish baby was won by a friend at a carnival. I need your (non judgemental) advice and tips on my common’s new secondhand 20 gallon and everything about him. Thanks so much all!

This is a great guide for goldfish.

Plenty of clean water and good food will help a goldfish reach their potential.  Koko linked my favorite article in the topic. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this