New Friends... (pic heavy)

Been a rough month. Both at work, personally, and for my poor lonely fish after losing its tank mate!

A few weeks ago, I ended up purchasing some new tank mates. They bring me so much joy! Thought I would introduce them to you all...

The calico is a very energetic yuan bao just FULL of personality (couldn’t resist, made me laugh so much) and I also picked up a lemonhead ranchu. Absolutely in love [emoji3059]

05c0b70f069863edb2c8b1e97dc74dd8.jpg

Finally time for the introduction...

bbbda27469c3d1ce43b72b40c7addcbf.jpg

A friend for me?!?!

1c42f9874c668101badd2554508dc8a5.jpg

Yuan bao

4e93555628e50216e976d93d9e2ee61d.jpg

Ranchu

42fba0c9b4a88e9a2ff900c4b46aef77.jpg

Demanding food already.

91e16a9e7d763045bed95e8e44a02d5f.jpg

Three amigos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Caretta Rose

• Helper

They’re gorgeous fish!   Your tank looks so much more lively now.  I’m sorry it’s been a rough month  but new fish always make it better 🙌

On 8/22/2019 at 6:01 PM, koko said:

I'm sorry you have had a rough time 😔

One question did you QT them before putting them in the main tank?

My LFS is pretty good... they go through a quarantine/deworming process when they arrive and then put on the floor after two weeks, sometimes up to a month. After I purchased them, I had them isolated and did my own additional quarantine for another 2 weeks. I know we typically recommend a month here, but I trust my LFS for health and quality, their fish are top notch. Took a risk! Everyone looks pretty happy and healthy :) 

Edited by Caretta Rose

• Admin
On 8/24/2019 at 9:29 AM, Caretta Rose said:

My LFS is pretty good... they go through a quarantine/deworming process when they arrive and then put on the floor after two weeks, sometimes up to a month. After I purchased them, I had them isolated and did my own additional quarantine for another 2 weeks. I know we typically recommend a month here, but I trust my LFS for health and quality, their fish are top notch. Took a risk! Everyone looks pretty happy and healthy :) 

That's great that a store does that. Most don't.

How are they doing?

They are doing great! They bring me so much joy. I wonder if I can push a fourth sometimes. My LFS sent me a video of some panda butterfly moors they just got in and are in quarantine.... it’s so hard to stay away from there!!

If anyone in Canada is interested in some great, hand selected goldfish from knowledgeable folks, check out Proaquatic in Toronto. https://www.proaquatic.ca

They ship throughout Canada now as well.

• Helper

Generally speaking I still don’t recommend skipping the quarantine because half the battle is getting the fish to de-stress once they’re home, as well as acclimating to your tap water and care routine.  Even perfectly clean fish can succumb to illness because their immune systems are lowered and they cannot handle something in the tank or community your existing fish have immunity and adaption to.

I’m so glad they’re settling in well!  And thank you for the recommendation, I know you’re not the only Canadian user who might be looking for a good source of fish.

• 1 year later...
On 8/29/2019 at 6:01 PM, Caretta Rose said:

They are doing great! They bring me so much joy. I wonder if I can push a fourth sometimes. My LFS sent me a video of some panda butterfly moors they just got in and are in quarantine.... it’s so hard to stay away from there!!

If anyone in Canada is interested in some great, hand selected goldfish from knowledgeable folks, check out Proaquatic in Toronto. https://www.proaquatic.ca

They ship throughout Canada now as well.

That website inactive. Not sure if it's Covid related but they are still in business. You can find them on Facebook and Instagram by searching Proaquatic. 

On 8/15/2019 at 11:01 AM, Caretta Rose said:

91e16a9e7d763045bed95e8e44a02d5f.jpg

Three amigos

That's happy!  :D