Massive Oranda Wen too big or swim Bladder?

Hello guys let me introduce myself. So I currently have about 2 telescope goldfish, one Calico ryukin, 1blue oranda, one black oranda, 1 red cap, 1 orange. I came up on a free 80 gallon tank and along with that the person also inherited me 2 goldfish. Both fishes are huge!!! Never seen them that massive before. One is a telescope around 7 inches. And the other is about 9 inch oranda. So my issue here is. The new oranda being so massive. The wen is so big it’s bigger than my closed fist. So with that being said I thought he was dead when the guy gave it to me but he said he’s been floating upside down for a long time now. Wanted to know if it’s the wen because it’s so massive that weighs it down or if it is swim bladder disease. I mean I know both are curable but just wanna get this dude back to healthy. I will be performing a web trim as well. With that being said is the Clove oil essential oil the same used for the wen trimming or is it a different type of clove oil? Gonna try trimming the wen to see if it’s the culprit but any of you had this issue before and is the wen known to cause a fish to float upside down?

• Admin
13 hours ago, Demented_doll said:

Hello guys let me introduce myself. So I currently have about 2 telescope goldfish, one Calico ryukin, 1blue oranda, one black oranda, 1 red cap, 1 orange. I came up on a free 80 gallon tank and along with that the person also inherited me 2 goldfish. Both fishes are huge!!! Never seen them that massive before. One is a telescope around 7 inches. And the other is about 9 inch oranda. So my issue here is. The new oranda being so massive. The wen is so big it’s bigger than my closed fist. So with that being said I thought he was dead when the guy gave it to me but he said he’s been floating upside down for a long time now. Wanted to know if it’s the wen because it’s so massive that weighs it down or if it is swim bladder disease. I mean I know both are curable but just wanna get this dude back to healthy. I will be performing a web trim as well. With that being said is the Clove oil essential oil the same used for the wen trimming or is it a different type of clove oil? Gonna try trimming the wen to see if it’s the culprit but any of you had this issue before and is the wen known to cause a fish to float upside down?

:hi and :welcome

I think the first thing I would try for this fish is a long shallow tote or tub. Also I would try getting duckweed. I would feed him strictly duckweed if he can get to it.

The reason I say this is a healthy Swim bladder can deal with a wen that big. So lets see if we can address that issue first :)

Have they always been in the 80 Gallon tank?